Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Review

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Adam I see no mention in the stewards report of 2 applications to stewards about a COT. Surprised about your comments re the scratching as is this horse not trained on the same property?

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz
    Hi Jack. I didn't ask about whether the horse was going to be scratched (nor would I have thought to ask it!).
    There was definitely a request to revise the tactics, perhaps it didn't get into their report because the 2nd request was made late (circa 15 mins before the race) as it was only then that I realised it was scratched and that the race would be completely different.
    Cheers, Adam

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    The joke of Change of Tactics raised it's ugly head again. Suave Stuey Lombo further back. Can the stewards say no you can't chop and change your tactics every week so you manipulate the race?
    All 3 Tritton runners to race forward this arvo.....I'll be very interested to see how they construct this one, especially with a little speed from the 2 horse.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    A staggering 1.49.6 Mile......
    27.2, 28.3, 26.9, 27.2.....
    Suave Stuey Lombo posts the third fastest winning mile time at Menangle....
    Last edited by doinmabest; 06-17-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Wrong time originally typed

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    A staggering 1.49.6 Mile......
    27.2, 28.3, 26.9, 27.2.....
    Suave Stuey Lombo posts the third fastest winning mile time at Menangle....
    And IMO probably a superior performance to those faster than him as he breezed. Staggering!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes 1 off the pegs the whole way, Fantastic run. The weather is perfect at the moment, A little overcast and it's the warmest it been for weeks at this time of the evening.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I was sent a private message last Wednesday from someone who indicated that they were a leading trainer. For the sake of the story lets call the trainer Ace. Ace questioned my stance on the driving tactics employed on SSL as discussed on this forum @ Menangle on the 7th June. Ace's main two points were that horses that sit outside Mach Beauty invariably finished tailed off and SSL was not suited to being driven in the chair over 2300m. In response I told Ace that the only other time SSL ran in a 2300m race outside the leader the first mile was run in 1:54.5 and on the 7/6/14 the first mile was run in 1:58.5 and Chariot King who is a sit sprinter and not suited by sitting parked still beat SSL home. I receive no response on my reply but looking at yesterdays result, Ace maybe I did know more than the actual trainer.
    The disgrace of this whole situation is the COT rule. Stewards sanctioning horses not being their best chance to win is the biggest joke of all. Let the races run, examine the race afterwards and if drivers/trainers are not giving their horse their best chance charge them as such.
    I hope to hear from you again Ace.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why does Menangle have both 2300m and 2400m races. Just the same it is good to see them not have all Mile programs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Kev, as you may recall when Menangle opened up they ran from 3 distances, 1609, 2300 and 3009 and as i understand, it was decided to make the feature age classics the classic distance of 2400m. I think it will only be used for the Oaks, Derbies and Breeders Challenge races.....

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    This happened two years back as I recall.....

+ Reply to Thread