Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Review

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Kevin, isn't the reason why people are saying that it was such a good drive was Panella put the foot down early and established a break. Quite clearly in the second quarter when the eventual winner was 3 wide and getting to the death could she have not increased the speed and not let the other horse get head to head with it? The reason why it was such a good drive in your opinion on Saturday was it not a bad one on Tuesday? Especially this horse sat out Frith recently and was to fast for her.
    You wrote of the advantaged vs disadvantages of leaders vs non leaders I was just clarifying unlike you did they were not proportional.
    Again reinforcing your leaders vs non leaders advanatages was that more leaders win than any other position in a race.
    This thread is hardly a democratic election. Everone has an opinion and I really do not care whether you think I am right or not. I am sure the silent majority agree.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Brett obviously it is totally different but should it be. Team driving is actually against the rules of racing and this includes not trying for the good of the team. Forget early punting etc. its a joke to the sport.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hard to believe a moderator would delete those posts of mine in response to Jack. How about just editing them as we were debating a point and the only thing that you could have objected to was the pictures if you have no sense of humour
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To rehash after the heavy handed deletion of my replies to Jack.
    The supersonic situation was nothing like the Wiggy situation. The winner of Supersonic's race was already at his wheel by the 1200m mark of the 1609m race and there was no chance of taking some advantage.
    I do think the silent majority may agree with you however Jack as assuming the silent moderator who destroyed the gist of the debate by deleting instead of editing is TC - he has always had a problem with me LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Don't worry Kevin I thought it was funny hardly worthy of being removed. Kevin I will remind you though Panella did have the chance to increqase the speed before the 1200 and make the other horse work abit more or actually not let it get head to head with it. There is not a magical line at the half mile from where you can increase the speed. Like I said previously the only horse in the race that looked to be able to beat it was the eventual winner as it did with Frith. My opinion Brave Wiggy - good drive but not the best of the night, Im Supersonic - Bad drive.
    On the subject of bad drives and the shambles that is COT try Race 6 @ Newcastle on for size. Funny enough same connections.

aussiebreno
    In a similar vein but better rated and worked out David Miles last night on Mindarie Priddy. It is probably the best way to drive her anyway, but it really did a job on Shes a Runa.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeh that super slow first half lets Mindarie come home in 54.9 compared to the 56.2 she came home in in the Oaks - the difference between the sprint lane beating you or not. As for Runa - in the death, she might have been better pushing on early and hoping she would have been able to drop down behind Minda (easy in hindsight)

Back to Menangle now folks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz
    Jack - not sure if you are talking about Race 6 at Newcastle yesterday or Race 6 at Newcastle tonight. If yesterday, you are referring to my horse "Nolonga Your Choice".
    A few comments:
    1. We are not the same connections (owners) as the ones for Suave Stuey Lombo (which i think you are referring to)
    2. I requested the change of tactics because my view of the race was that Gotta Go Under Fire would lead and run, with us being stuck in the breeze - which Doc (Nolonga Your Choice) is not suited to
    3. Nolonga Your Choice has previously won by going back and sit-sprinting
    4. When i realised GGUF was scratched, we requested to change our tactics to 'going forward' but the stewards said 'no' (assume because they had published on twitter our COT).
    5. The tactics back-fired anyways and we ended up 3-wide for the first part, facing the breeze and pulling his ring out!!!

Anyone who thinks any of my horses / tactics are set for any intention other than winning have never met me but I do agree that the COT rule is silly.
    Last edited by Sofoulis; 06-13-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!

Banned Yearling cityboy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dougie miller
    good luck to them i dont have anything to do with them, though it appears they have established a lot of `haters`in gaining their success so everyone to their own opinion regarding driving tactics etc.. having had experience race driving and for her to be so little sometimes plans go out the window as horses at times would be nearly impossible to control if she had to drive back in the field....they are not my friends nor do i think thy will be...

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Sorry for accidentally inferring connections I meant trainer/driver combination. If your story is true which I have no reason to not believe even more reason why the COT rule is an absolute disgrace. The stewards have chosen this rule over you giving your horse it best chance. Shame on you stewards.

+ Reply to Thread