Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp owns Mildura

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hope Craig's right in Race 4 Kev!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    From the Sunraysia Daily during the week...

Angry Cramp slams system

VICTORIA’S leading harness-racing trainer, Shayne Cramp, yesterday accused stewards of unfairly targeting him and bowing to pressure from rival trainers.

The South Mildura reinsman has been slapped with his third driving ban in the past 16 months, and said it was a “disgrace” he was hit with the maximum penalty of eight weeks after stewards found him guilty of denying his horse, Philtra Phella, the opportunity to win in a race at Mildura on June 13.
    “I get scrutinised much more now because I am the main man up here, and I think I’m being unfairly treated,” he told Sunraysia Daily at the Birdwoodton stables yesterday.
    Cramp, who has won more than $640,000 in prizemoney with 121 winners this season, accused stewards of bowing to pressure from rival trainers and drivers over the “greater focus” put on his driving.
    The 30-year-old said sources inside the stewards’ office had told both he and his foreman, father Greg, that “they have been getting calls from other trainer-drivers up here about me for the past three years”.
    “They are hitting me in the hip pocket,” a frustrated Cramp said.
    He said the latest eight-week suspension could cost him up to $12,000.
    “I’ve been driving at least four winners a week on average, so that’s at least $1500 a week it’d cost me,” he said.
    “I am still trying to recover the loss of income from the six-month ban I copped last year.
    “With this latest one, stewards are saying that there are two areas I am culpable in, and that I carried the weight of public money as the well-supported favourite, which was actually a false favourite given the horse hadn’t won in its 10 starts.
    “Part of their determination was made because I had been previously charged under this same rule twice in the last 16 months.
    “But what they are not actually saying is that in a 15-year driving career, before those two charges, I’d had only one breach of this rule before then.
    “So, in effect, it was three in 15 years, which sounds a lot different than two in 16 months.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hope Craig's right in Race 4 Kev!!
    Opens $1.50 fixed

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Opens $1.50 fixed
    Shorter elsewhere...still some value in the totes, not sure how long for though.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Go directly to Go and Collect your Vicbred Bonus Mr Prior.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Go directly to Go and Collect your Vicbred Bonus Mr Prior.
    He has taken off faster than the two leaders!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Big smile!!! Thanks very much guys, It's very timely and congrats to Intransit's new owners. Glad to see the drivers and horses are okay after the crash and a big thumbs up to the outrider catching the loose horse up the home straight.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-04-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    5 Winners out of 8 for SJC (plus a Quinella and a Trifecta)
    It would nevertheless be a hard stable for a punter to follow. If you had put $100 to win on their most favoured runner in each race (and they sent out 6 of the 8 favs and had 2nd fav in the other 2), I calculate you would only have ended up about $100 ahead even on a massive day like today. Mind you, one of their winners was not their stable elect but they did win one of the races where they did not have the fav
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    He is listed to drive at Swan hill Thursday night thought he was out.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Supposed to have started on the July 6 - must have appealed the 8wks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread