Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    a great preview thanks Ash
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Great Melton Trotters Cup tonite, shame Keystone Del scratched.
    Stent should be too good but likely leader Maori Time will be hard to get past and hopefully after some time off recently, My High Expectations can be back to his best.

Australiasian Trotters Champs will be a great race.
    Script says Flying Isa to lead, i doubt Realmein would want that pressure.
    Spidergirl is the key, if she bungles the start like last week she will be pushing it uphill. But if she gets away cleanly she will be mighty hard to beat.
    Having said that, Sheemon also wasnt at his best last week i didnt think. Hopefully he can lift his game and be more competitive.
    Glenferrie Typhoon can win but i think he needs to be driven sit-sprint because thats his biggest weapon, if he has to tough it out against these he will find it tough, he should be top 3-5 no problem, but needs the right positioning and that often comes with luck and a good drive.
    Vincennes and Brunelleschi next best and can be there, Vincennes needs a big long clear run out wide to get his long legs up to top momentum.

2 great races!
    Stent too good alright, arrogant win. Last 400 27.2 with 1 literal tap on his backside, and only 1, then whip over shoulder to cruise to the line. Based on that he could have gone sub 27 imo...My High Expectations tough run in death but held on better than his last few runs, Maori Time good with sit behind Stent but was never gonna beat him.
    Newest kid back on the block having a renaissance of some sort, with his headcheck lowered in new stable is Kyvalley Blur.

Best thing going for Aust Trot Champs winner Flying Isa who repeated last weeks run is the driver Luke McCarthy, just too clever. did the same in a big 3000m race at Menangle also running a moderate tempo then zipping home last 800 in 55.9. you cant catch that from back in the pack.
    Realmein unlucky, blocked 2-3 times last 200m shouldve been 2nd.
    Last edited by Maorisidol; 02-09-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Good to see Sundons Promise win in WA today!

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Saw that one too. The odds were just spot on.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see they are running 2 separate meetings at Melton tonight Ash
    The pacers finish at about 8.35, we all go home and then
    you guys start arriving for the trotters that begin at 9.35
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I see they are running 2 separate meetings at Melton tonight Ash
    The pacers finish at about 8.35, we all go home and then
    you guys start arriving for the trotters that begin at 9.35
    Careful there young fella, you'll get a clip!
    Just jokin...
    Great FFA Tonite Maori Time won't b handing up over short trip, Spidergirl will b trying to keep in front of Stent so pace will b on, if there's a boilover could very well b Kyvalley Blur at $12.63 Fixed for a place, pop a fiver on that just for fun!
    Desert Spur top EW chance but Fav Enjoy An Ale is hot right now, he does go back to 30m so pressure is on.
    Apollos Gift the comeback kid looks well placed but in same race Mont Morley hasn't seen a mobile barrier draw this good since Jesus was a boy! Many chances in this race for top value in exotics go with 1,2,3,4 but just with spare change not your big stuff.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Careful there young fella, you'll get a clip!
    Just jokin...
    Great FFA Tonite Maori Time won't b handing up over short trip, Spidergirl will b trying to keep in front of Stent so pace will b on, if there's a boilover could very well b Kyvalley Blur at $12.63 Fixed for a place, pop a fiver on that just for fun!
    Desert Spur top EW chance but Fav Enjoy An Ale is hot right now, he does go back to 30m so pressure is on.
    Apollos Gift the comeback kid looks well placed but in same race Mont Morley hasn't seen a mobile barrier draw this good since Jesus was a boy! Many chances in this race for top value in exotics go with 1,2,3,4 but just with spare change not your big stuff.
    I see the G1 being run similar Ash. That's why Sheemon really takes my fancy, place more than win.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brian Kiesey with his multiple runners in a race can sure decimate a race with the way he regularly scratches them all
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I see the G1 being run similar Ash. That's why Sheemon really takes my fancy, place more than win.
    $2.70 for the place Brent $2.10 fixed...did as well as he could, Stent just better, Spidergirl was pulling like a train climbing over their backs itching to get out and subsequently broke, so looks like she will have something to give as we all expect. Hopefully next start she has better luck and is able to give Stent a red hot go.
    Realmein brave in death, MHE held up was doing good last 200 as was Kyvalley Blur from way back. Elegant Image out back then knocked over by Spider and Real Babe lost ground in the straight.
    Our Twentyten hung on by a bare margin to just beat Monorail who is in top form. Steal A Sixpence solid but first 2 too good and Vote Pedro lost ground on final turn but gained heaps in straight.
    Desert Spur did the right thing for me at $9 Fixed to just pip Guiltless in the next and Enjoy An Ale found his 30m a bit much especially when Guitless' driver N Jack did the clever thing and led, and ran like a rabbit making it hard for backmarkers. Walter Creed a second improved run in a row at odds, watch for him in a slightly weaker race but dont tell anyone!!
    Left Right and Centre had a well deserved win in the last, Sun of Anarchy had a great 2nd his 13th place out of 16 Aust starts while Apollos Gift nearly gallopped at the start so lost ground and was still a very good 3rd, second up after about 26 months! Savannah Jayjay flew home from near last after being held up.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I took an interest in the trot at Stawell today and as usual looked up the breeding of the winner after.
    Congratulations to Ararat trainer Michael McGrath on what I think is his first winner for the season but more so congratulations to the whole McGrath clan of the last 50+ years.
    T & Mrs N bought Queen Ling 1961 and bred Napoleon Miss 1974. Then WT & EK bred Can't Find It 1980 from her and then MT & KF being from up this way of course sent her to Maori's Idol to produce good mare Rani Rose 1997 the dam of their winner today Our Rose Bud 2008

These are the families - horse and human, that we need to keep harness racing strong
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread