Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    THE HOLMFIELD
    Form Horse Trainer Other Eng. Driver Class Hcp
    1 25112 FABRICATION Add to Blackbook D C Abrahams Nathan Jack 3T2 FR1
    2 12169 ENDSINO Add to Blackbook A P Gath Kate Gath 3T2 FR2
    3 s1152 AMARULA NZ Add to Blackbook M A Caldow John Caldow 3T5 FR3
    4 21s22 ILLAWONG ARMSTRONG Add to Blackbook J N Quinlan Jodi Quinlan 3T3 FR4
    5 15212 BLUE SKY COMMANDER NZ Add to Blackbook K E Manning Kerryn Manning 3T3 FR5
    6 32968 BAD BOY LEROY Add to Blackbook W F White Ian White 3T1 FR6
    7 s1213 VALLEY ESS JAY Add to Blackbook G L McDermott Chris Svanosio 3T2 FR7
    ---------- Second Row ----------
    8 43111 MY ARYA NZ Add to Blackbook B A Lilley SCRATCHED 3T8 SCR
    9 116s1 GUS AN MAORI Add to Blackbook C G Lewis Matthew Craven 3T3 SR1
    10 211s5 ELJAYKAY PHOENIX Add to Blackbook D Aiken Josh Aiken (C) 3T4 SR2

Intriguing race Saturday night... spoke to Kerryn Manning this morning re Blue Sky Commander and I'd think it could improve significantly now that she's got to know the horse better (when it ran at Adelaide it had only been in her stable a couple of days).

My Arya is scratched but Brent Lilley said today she's A-OK just a bit tired from recent travels and racing. She'll be set for a shot at the boys in the Derby.

Eljaykay Phoenix not drawn well here but obviously if near his best goes very, very close.

Gus An Maori and interesting one ... obviously very well related, won a trial really well and then came out and won first-up in nice fashion. Looks to have loads of upside.

Tips/Thoughts?

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    PS: Of course Illawong Armstrong a huge chance too, as well as Amarula... looks very competitive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by squaregaiter View Post
    We may have seen the best 2yo filly in Victoria last night in Keayang Yankee with a awesome display that left no doubt as to how much better class she was than the rest of the field. After giving them 80 mts she still had the audacity to break 30 for the last and untouched going to the line ! Being the first foal from a mare that is a half-sister to the dam of Spider and a couple of the Illawong clan, maybe the female line is set to continue on for a few more decades with at least 2 more mares that keep producing top quality off spring. Her next foal ( also a filly) is a Majestic Son so more than likely will be even more precocious.

The next of the 2yo Trotters is the Vicbred Heats at Ballarat next week and we will get to see what some of us have been waiting for !
    With what looks like a field of only 8 we will see Charlie, Kyvalley and the 2 that are out of the draw Sundons and Cruisin that will make it a very competitive race, throw in Skyflyer and Calder Knight it maybe a small field but the big guns are there ( with the exception of War Dan as he is not eligible to Vicbred)
    In the fillies while Princess Phoenix will start the fav I would think it is wide open and barriers and manners will make for much of this 12 horse field so look forward to the final field and drawso both races should be great races to see and have a bob here or there.
    Yes wasnt that Keayang filly impressive, what a debut, looking for to her future races.
    I think the Ballarat race is a 4 way race for the boys as you said, hopefully they all trot and we get to see a great competition, im liking Sundons Courage, his last effort after breaking was big to b so close at the end. having said that Charlie is getting betteras is Kyvalley Tinman who proved very tough last start.
    The fillies is all about Phoenix, but Social Fireball was held up bad last start against the boys with plenty to offer, im looking forward to see her odds-but dont tell anyone!!
    War Dan is racing at Menangle on Tues in the Breeders Challenge against the whole NSW 2yo contingent so should be good viewing.

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    I am a big fan of Sundons Courage Ash also, however he has a terrible natural action, almost like a dog walker, and I think that maybe as the pressure comes on in the better fields this may test him, and you add the unfortunate place has got himself in being ODM leaves me split between Charlie and Kyvalley,unlike the fillies I think this will be a tactical race and while Charlie is my pick, if Kyvalley gets to the lead then I think it will be all over based on his strong USA family.
    The fillies I totally agree and because you would need to take under the odds on them behaving themselves my preference would be to have a bob for the drum on something at odds. Had the likes of Chris Alford or Haydon Grey been on A Nip Will Do ( no disrespect to the trainer as he is a excellent horseman) then this little filly would have been a roughy as she is safe and honest so I will be watching ollolololool

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Intriguing race Saturday night... spoke to Kerryn Manning this morning re Blue Sky Commander and I'd think it could improve significantly now that she's got to know the horse better (when it ran at Adelaide it had only been in her stable a couple of days).

My Arya is scratched but Brent Lilley said today she's A-OK just a bit tired from recent travels and racing. She'll be set for a shot at the boys in the Derby.

Eljaykay Phoenix not drawn well here but obviously if near his best goes very, very close.

Gus An Maori and interesting one ... obviously very well related, won a trial really well and then came out and won first-up in nice fashion. Looks to have loads of upside.

Tips/Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Going to be a good race , I like Illawong Armstrong from Amarula and at double figure odds Fabrication with his best draw for a while each way....., lay of the night I think is the favorite.- Blue Sky Commander....big step up in class and pressure ....mind you that could be because I drive a gogomobile and bookies drive Rolls Royce's
    best bet of the night for me is On Thunder Road, since this guy woke up and said to himself I want to race with REAL horses and became a squaregaiter he is flying, don't really like the bandage he carries near side on the hock however just love the way he can be driven around the corners and this in itself puts him to great advantage over many he races against here, should help mums already impressive record as a broodie
    for the final race surely Miracle must return to his earlier days and win.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Tips/Thoughts?

Going to be a good race , I like Illawong Armstrong from Amarula and at double figure odds Fabrication with his best draw for a while each way....., lay of the night I think is the favorite.- Blue Sky Commander....big step up in class and pressure ....mind you that could be because I drive a gogomobile and bookies drive Rolls Royce's
    best bet of the night for me is On Thunder Road, since this guy woke up and said to himself I want to race with REAL horses and became a squaregaiter he is flying, don't really like the bandage he carries near side on the hock however just love the way he can be driven around the corners and this in itself puts him to great advantage over many he races against here, should help mums already impressive record as a broodie
    for the final race surely Miracle must return to his earlier days and win.[/QUOTE]

Very cheeky Bruce but this is the Trotters Only In Here thread. The fact that he is a Bettors creates interest for pacing mortals (well this one at least)
    Where was the Quote from, in the first half of your post?
    Edit: I now see it was from Cody further up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Very cheeky Bruce but this is the Trotters Only In Here thread. The fact that he is a Bettors creates interest for pacing mortals (well this one at least)
    Where was the Quote from, in the first half of your post?
    Edit: I now see it was from Cody further up[/QUOTE]

heheehehehheheh Kevin it was just for you ololloloolololol,glad you got a giggle out of it........ however you must be delighted also as Bettors had a fantastic night siring 4 winners !!! well it would have been only a treble for the night................. but he also sired a squaregaiter so that gave him the 4 ollolollolollollool

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Ash... The run of Illawong Armstrong on Saturday was to say the least phenomenal. Another 400ms and he nearly wins. Galloped, lost 100ms (at least?) caught field and still making ground at the end.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Ash... The run of Illawong Armstrong on Saturday was to say the least phenomenal. Another 400ms and he nearly wins. Galloped, lost 100ms (at least?) caught field and still making ground at the end.
    It certainly was Paul quite amazing really.
    Cant wait to see him trot against these, may win by 50m?
    Whats your thoughts on LJK? Seems to have lost it a bit???

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    I am a big fan of Sundons Courage Ash also, however he has a terrible natural action, almost like a dog walker, and I think that maybe as the pressure comes on in the better fields this may test him, and you add the unfortunate place has got himself in being ODM leaves me split between Charlie and Kyvalley,unlike the fillies I think this will be a tactical race and while Charlie is my pick, if Kyvalley gets to the lead then I think it will be all over based on his strong USA family.
    The fillies I totally agree and because you would need to take under the odds on them behaving themselves my preference would be to have a bob for the drum on something at odds. Had the likes of Chris Alford or Haydon Grey been on A Nip Will Do ( no disrespect to the trainer as he is a excellent horseman) then this little filly would have been a roughy as she is safe and honest so I will be watching ollolololool
    A Nip Will Do $19.10 the place Bruce, hope you had a fiver on it!
    Princess Phoenix now has no female opposition actually apart from the Keayang filly, that'll b a clash!
    Charlie Runkle solid win again in the boys, run of the race was Cruisin Around he lost heaps of ground and only went down by 2.6m-massive run.
    Next highlight Thu night at Geelong with 3 and 4yo Vicbred heats that sees some good racing but should be some Hot Favs dominate namely Endsino vs Reina Danzante in the 3yo fillies and Illawong Helios from barrier 2 looking for win 9 in a row.
    The boys are way more even although if Illawong Armstrong can trot he could win by 50m...

+ Reply to Thread