Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Congrats to Globe Derby park for a great program of trotters races Saturday night.
    Very competitive races with a nice 2yo feature race and the SA Derby.
    However to be a little "irish" they have the Victorian Square Trotters Association...PACE!!!! could've planned that a better bit you'd think?
    Is that a second shot at us Irish or a legit typo Ash
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Congrats to Globe Derby park for a great program of trotters races Saturday night.
    Very competitive races with a nice 2yo feature race and the SA Derby.
    However to be a little "irish" they have the Victorian Square Trotters Association...PACE!!!! could've planned that a better bit you'd think?

TOTALLY agree with you Ash, very disappointing, the 2yo race should bring a quinella up for Barcardi Lindy barring mishaps albeit a big ask for the favorite who is a Dec foal traveling to SA and racing then coming back to Maryborough on Thurs to race again !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Is that a second shot at us Irish or a legit typo Ash
    oops, yep thats a legit typo written a little too late at the end of a week on a Fri nite! To be sure!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just watched a Trot from Addington Ash and all I could think about was the fact that a certain Newcastle driver who uses a pink sulky SHOULD be driving the looker Lucky Fortune

The attached pic is the only one I could find I am afraid (another example of a marketing op gone begging)

I know that you Trotting enthusiasts will already know him but for others you will be able to watch the video of todays race here in a couple of hours (the only area in which NZ site trails Oz)
    http://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/results/050932rs.htm

Here is a excerpt from a Harnesslink article from 2yrs ago

If the late developing son of Brylin Boyz can deliver in the $100,000 2yo Ruby Trot he will be the most successful Jewels starter in a family steeped in Jewels history.Lucky Fortune's five-win dam, the now 14yo Howz Lucky (by Sundon) has left six foals so far - four of them have competed in Jewels Finals, while the fifth is just a yearling.Her second foal Madisonz Luck (by Armbro Invasion) was runner-up behind Kylie Ree in the 2yo Ruby Trot at Cambridge in 2010, and then finished sixth in the 3yo Ruby trot at Ashburton in 2011.

Howz Lucky's first foal - Brylin Boyz 6yo gelding, Lanez Luck finished 10th in the 3yo Ruby Trot at Cambridge in 2010. Third foal 4yo Monarchy mare, Rosemaryz Luck has only had eight starts and is yet to race in a Jewels Final, while fourth foal Mollyz Luck (by Monarchy) finished ninth in last year's 2yo Ruby Trot at Cambridge.Lucky Fortune is the fifth foal. Howz lucky also has a yearling colt by The Pres named Primz Luck. Howz Lucky was served by The Pres last September.

Neal paid $12,000 for Lucky Fortune at the Yearling Sales from Matamata breeders Mrs R.G. Tims and B.R. Tims. "I liked his build. I could see through the chestnut and silver mane and tail. He was a strong looking yearling."I know we have left his Jewels run late but he's just needed time, and because of that he's now a well gaited, sensible horse. I have no idea how good he is yet because he's getting stronger all the time.He has a really nice racing disposition and the Ashburton track should suit him. I'm sure he will go well," Cambridge-based Neal said. Lucky Fortune finished second on debut at Cambridge on May 16 and then won by five lengths when second favourite at Manawatu three days later.Both Lucky Fortune and Three Jewels will be based at Lynn Neal's family farm in Ashburton.

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Prev...-Jewels-106087
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    The Redwood Carnival begins this year over the weekend of Fri 30th July with the Redwood race run on Sunday 2nd Aug. The run up to the Redwood is now on in full earnest as this Thurs see's the young ones race in heats for $10k and then those qualified into the $50k final of the Vicbred Platinum Series on May 23rd. The noms are heavy for the Fillies heats and clearly there will be divisions for those however the colts & geldings are a little short in numbers but certainly not in quality where you have some good winners and a few unraced that will certainly make their present felt and shake up the run to the finals on the 23rd May then followed by the time honoured Tatlow 5th June, the following week the heats of the Empire Stallions Vicbred series final of $60k and then onto the Redwood so it is full on for the 2yo 's for the next couple of months.
    To keep up with the latest on the Redwood, Maryborough Harness Racing Club have started a new Facebook page and is well worth a look as it is updated daily
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryb...77048852608317

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Stoned I Am (Tr) going around in the United Petroleum Pace at YV tomorrow
    If you really think about it - it is strange that a trotter can go around in a Pace race but a pacer cannot go around in a Trot
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    If you really think about it - it is strange that a trotter can go around in a Pace race but a pacer cannot go around in a Trot[/QUOTE]

Not really strange at all, as the pacers have the aid of hobbles and generally go faster ( several seconds) therefore if they were to race in trotting races then their advantage would see them winning trotting races when the discipline was based on the squaregaiter

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are not telling me something I do not know there Bruce
    First of all I was coming from a literal language point of view ie trotter in a pace race but pacer not allowed in a trot race
    But you raise an interesting thought - what about a free-legged pacer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    what about a free-legged pacer[/QUOTE]

sure to be 100's of them around to make up fields

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You are not telling me something I do not know there Bruce
    First of all I was coming from a literal language point of view ie trotter in a pace race but pacer not allowed in a trot race
    But you raise an interesting thought - what about a free-legged pacer
    A few pacers have won the NZ Trotting Cup.

+ Reply to Thread