Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'm not talking physical age but HRA defined aged. Not 4 until Jan 1.
    I gather that. So who is right, HRA or me and the rest of the world? HRA is operating in its own universe and does not understand the difference between consulting and telling. It is a headless chook that still does not have a chairman and overlooks the fact it exists to serve the industry - not the other way around.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    I gather that. So who is right, HRA or me and the rest of the world? HRA is operating in its own universe and does not understand the difference between consulting and telling. It is a headless chook that still does not have a chairman and overlooks the fact it exists to serve the industry - not the other way around.
    What's your gripes with moving it back?

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    What's your gripes with moving it back?

This is the first decision in a long time I strongly agree with.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytwobobsworth View Post
    This is the first decision in a long time I strongly agree with.
    Nothing wrong with it. I'll just tell everybody I am 50 years old. Unfortunately, my near-65 year old body says otherwise.

A 4 years and 8 days old MARE will never be a 3 year old filly again. Fact check that one!

aussiebreno
    Nothing wrong with it. I'll just tell everybody I am 50 years old. Unfortunately, my near-65 year old body says otherwise.

A 4 years and 8 days old MARE will never be a 3 year old filly again. Fact check that one!
    Horses are born between August and January so have always been different physical ages to what HRA defined age is. Horses born in Dec/Jan used to race as 4yos from from August 1. Whats the difference? Most used to age a few months aheas of time but are now ageing a couple months behind time.

Russian Camelot is physically 3.5yrs of age. Racebook says 4. It isn't a problem.

No one.is saying they are factually or physically that age.

Real Name
    John Cross

Im not following on the 4 years 8 days? What do you mean?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    John, Trevor is referring to the fact that Pink Galahs was not just 4 years old under the old system ( 4yrs and 40 days using Sep 1 as the standardbred's birthday) when she won on Saturday but the fact that being a fairly early foal (Oct 2) she was actually 4yrs and 8days old on Oct 10
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    John Cross
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    John, Trevor is referring to the fact that Pink Galahs was not just 4 years old under the old system ( 4yrs and 40 days using Sep 1 as the standardbred's birthday) when she won on Saturday but the fact that being a fairly early foal (Oct 2) she was actually 4yrs and 8days old on Oct 10
    I got that but why will it not happen again? One of my weanlings is 12 months old today yet doesn’t turn 1 for another 70 odd days so she will be well over 4 when still racing as a 3yo.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytwobobsworth View Post
    I got that but why will it not happen again? One of my weanlings is 12 months old today yet doesn’t turn 1 for another 70 odd days so she will be well over 4 when still racing as a 3yo.
    He is saying that if you turned 40 today you can never be 39 again
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    VIC – Pink Galahs - Elevated TCO2 Levels Policy

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=45373

Interesting
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread