Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    A few pacers have won the NZ Trotting Cup.
    Good one Brenno, I will give up on semantics LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My new bedtime story book
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    A few pacers have won the NZ Trotting Cup.

Thanks for that info, there's is no harm in learning something new everyday in life's highway ...can you tell me the names of those " free legged pacers" that have won the NZ Trotters Cup I would like to learn more about them please

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by squaregaiter View Post
    Thanks for that info, there's is no harm in learning something new everyday in life's highway ...can you tell me the names of those " free legged pacers" that have won the NZ Trotters Cup I would like to learn more about them please
    Brenno was making the point that just like a race named 'pace' does not have to be for pacers, a race named 'trot' does not have to be for trotters. Bruce, the NZ Trotting Cup is lately best known for Terror To Love winning it 3 times
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Brenno was making the point that just like a race named 'pace' does not have to be for pacers, a race named 'trot' does not have to be for trotters. Bruce, the NZ Trotting Cup is lately best known for Terror To Love winning it 3 times

Kevin seems like a lot of semantics creeping in here, however, I do apologize, I have only ever seen TOL race in harness however after 45 years around the game I must take closer notice

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Bruce, Can't help with Free Legged Pacers but Trotters have won it 3 times and mares have won it 3 times, If you punch New Zealand Trotting Cup into Google, Wikipedia has a link that will show you the past winners.

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hi Bruce, Can't help with Free Legged Pacers but Trotters have won it 3 times and mares have won it 3 times, If you punch New Zealand Trotting Cup into Google, Wikipedia has a link that will show you the past winners.

Thanks for that Richard, but the original post by Kevin, referred to "free legged pacer" that is the only thing I replied to, not pacers winning trotting races
    lets finish this posting as it is like little old men running games around a circle and for me there is far more important things to support and promote the trotter than this small talk

aussiebreno
    This thread starting to hurt my brain

Step 1) Kev says trotters go in races named Pace (eg Stoned I Am), but pacers can't go in race called trot.

Step 2) I say pacers go in NZ Trotting Cup.

Step 3) Bruce replies directly to my post asking which free legged pacers have won the NZ Trotting Cup.

Not sure why Bruce asked that, not once did anyone mention anything about a free legged pacer wining NZ Trotting Cup or that Terror to Love was free legged??

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by squaregaiter View Post
    Thanks for that Richard, but the original post by Kevin, referred to "free legged pacer" that is the only thing I replied to, not pacers winning trotting races
    lets finish this posting as it is like little old men running games around a circle and for me there is far more important things to support and promote the trotter than this small talk
    I apologize for derailing this thread but I thought it was quirky that the race Stoned I Am (Tr) was in was called the '.......Pace'. We have to have small talk on the forum Bruce or else how would I keep it ticking over

You are right, Terror To Love always wears harness, what Brenno was pointing out was that the New Zealand Trotting Cup is actually a pacing race (so Kevin should not take names so literally LOL)

http://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/m...ajor_race1.htm

Have a good day everybody
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Nice honour roll there Kev!

Back to the trotters for this forum and for Stoned I Am. Good field at Cranbourne this week.

+ Reply to Thread