Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is easy to convert me when the best are going around Ash but I worry about races like the 3rd on the Horsham program - 6/12 are ODS.
    Only 7 for the Trotters Cup is a little skinny don't you think
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Last 4 races at Ballarat Saturday night are for Trotters too!

Heat 2 of Victorian Trotting Championship was a breeze for the well bred Maybetothemax who seems to be putting things together after a scratchy start to his career, not a fast Mile Rate but a nice 28.4 last quarter, he will challenge the Maryborough participants of a few days ago.

Nice clash between Kvintet Avenger, Cold Sister and new NZ arrival Realmein at Melton fri night, then Pretty Sunday off 10m goes against Neville Vaughan 30m in SA Trotters Cup Sat night and Sunday the Horsham Trotters cup sees The Boss Man on front row vs Flying Isa and Brunelleschi off 10m.
    I believe there was approx 1 million bucks turned over in Europe on the final 4 trotting events last Satdy night at Melton (apologies if that has already been mentioned on here). On that, you'd imagine there would only be more of the same to follow in the future right?

Some very good trotting events to supplement the pacing this weekend Ash......we are going to be needing a few selections from our resident trotting guru when u find time please.

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Brent, yes over $1AUDmillion was wagered in France on those last four races. From what I gather the French punters will wager enormously on any Australian trotting product; be it a G1 or a run-of-the-mill T0. Those blocks of races will continue to be beamed into France and I'll be interested to see if the turnover figures continue to impress. Handy start!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I believe there was approx 1 million bucks turned over in Europe on the final 4 trotting events last Satdy night at Melton (apologies if that has already been mentioned on here). On that, you'd imagine there would only be more of the same to follow in the future right?

Some very good trotting events to supplement the pacing this weekend Ash......we are going to be needing a few selections from our resident trotting guru when u find time please.
    Hey Brent,
    Sorry a bit late for the fact class in the wet at Melton just finished 5 mins ago and saw the Kiwi Realmein simply too good, mind you best eye catching run was Maori Time getting home very well. Kvintet had a tough run no doubt but i think at this point is finding this rise in class a little beyond him taking first place...

In SA Trotters Cup i guess you gotta go for Neville Vaughan primarily cos we know he will zoom around the track comfortably in comparison to Pretty Sunday, on paper that should be the Quinella/Exacta. Motu now struck his form in SA so he and or Me and Kel and Rejuvenation fighting out Tri and First 4 places.
    Horsham Trotters Cup should see The Boss Man lead all the way based on his current and ever improving form. If he is to go to the next level he needs to win this i reckon even tho Scott Dyer has said he wont go right up to the top rung this campaign with him, he is only young.
    Flying Isa racing really well of course and wouldnt surprise to see him win, Brunelleschi off just 10m instead of 30m like a few starts ago where he gave Cold Sister 20m headstart wont know himself actually so could produce a big one. 3 horses can win.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On that performance Ash, it might be time for Rejuvenation to look further afield than SA
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    On that performance Ash, it might be time for Rejuvenation to look further afield than SA
    Yes he obviously is good but can also be unreliable, its like hes either good or bad!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not that it was really due to his handicap but Redy To Race's storming finish in the early trot at Horsham reminded me of how exciting handicap racing can be
    (Blatant plug - nothing beats the 400m and further races at the Stawell Gift for this kind of excitement)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank heavens the Horsham Trotter's Cup was not being beamed into France
    Only 5 in the race and yet the topliners managed to F it up
    (sorry Ash but that was like watching a dish-lickers demolition derby)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thank heavens the Horsham Trotter's Cup was not being beamed into France
    Only 5 in the race and yet the topliners managed to F it up
    (sorry Ash but that was like watching a dish-lickers demolition derby)
    Very rare in this class and very out of character for The Boss Man...

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Great Article here on The Great Southern Star, Keystone Del and whats building up in the top echelon of squaregaiters...

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25446

+ Reply to Thread