Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    home straight 350
    assume backstraight 350
    =700
    1400m track leaves 700 for 2 turns, 350 each turn???
    Now convert that too a radius measure for me

I suppose if the turns are semi-circles
    350 = pi x R
    so Radius must be 111

ps They do not know what the surface is either (told you I was picky)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    4 weeks ago Sydney-siders were all up in arms about the Coolamons trotters day having smallish fields. The change in day didn't help Coolamon, but those within a stones throw of Bondi still offered up their opinion that the meeting should move to Menangle.

We've got a 9 horse Gp 1 (4 Vics 1 Kiwi), a 6 horse FFA and then only 2 trainers plus 3 Victorians pretty much making up a G3. What are these peoples thoughts on this?

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Latest News- See Maryborough Facebook Home Page

Maryborough Harness Racing Club & Function Complex

"Harness Breeders (Vic) have just confirmed their continued sponsorship of the Harness Breeders (Vic) Humbletonian Day -Thursday 16th July, 2015 - a day for horses who have never won a race. In addition to the $250 extra prize money added by HB(Vic) our club also provides a Geoff Durn framed winning photo to the winning connections. Seven of the winning horses on the day receive their $7000 VicBred Bonus the other winner receives $5000 VicBred Bonus making this one of the most popular days racing in Victoria for the year."

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    ^^^ This is a fantastic incentive for the battlers Bruce, It should be a great day.

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Some really nice Trotting races at Melton tonight with the Final of the HARAS DES TROTTEURS SWEETHEART and while it has a few scratching it possibly was always going to be a "3 horse race" with the flying Bacardi Lindy mare going to take some tossing, that is followed by the $50k Vicbred Final for C&G and you have what is described as "the best 2yo trotter in Aust" and another the "most professional" but the field is far more open that but come what may, and barring mishaps from the youngster, should be a fantastic race and that is followed by the $50k Vic Fillies final and that is similar with a few of them looking for a big night.

While talking about 2yo's the Heat 3 for the 2yo's at Menangle is out and some lovely types in there that should make for a GREAT race and provide us with just what the caliber and standard we can look forward to over the next few seasons.

Of interest the much publicised $60+ yearling that was sold through the sales via pre trainer Ricky Alchin is having its first start for its new owner/trainer and its metal will be put to the test with some nice bred youngster being halves to My Valerie & Vincennes without going back to the close family of others......a race I cant wait to watch

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by squaregaiter View Post
    Some really nice Trotting races at Melton tonight with the Final of the HARAS DES TROTTEURS SWEETHEART and while it has a few scratching it possibly was always going to be a "3 horse race" with the flying Bacardi Lindy mare going to take some tossing, that is followed by the $50k Vicbred Final for C&G and you have what is described as "the best 2yo trotter in Aust" and another the "most professional" but the field is far more open that but come what may, and barring mishaps from the youngster, should be a fantastic race and that is followed by the $50k Vic Fillies final and that is similar with a few of them looking for a big night.

While talking about 2yo's the Heat 3 for the 2yo's at Menangle is out and some lovely types in there that should make for a GREAT race and provide us with just what the caliber and standard we can look forward to over the next few seasons.

Of interest the much publicised $60+ yearling that was sold through the sales via pre trainer Ricky Alchin is having its first start for its new owner/trainer and its metal will be put to the test with some nice bred youngster being halves to My Valerie & Vincennes without going back to the close family of others......a race I cant wait to watch
    Yes Bruce great nite tonite both in Vic and NSW.
    edit... i wrote this below before the races started, but then the races started so didnt finish the preview, so lets have a review based on that...
    pre race
    "From the pole and based on his manners Sundons Courage has to b very hard to beat assuming he leads. Charlie Runkle very nearly ran down SC last week so that being his first race start can only improve with experience and should have every chance to win tonite, and of course drawn inside the back row Cruisin Around needs to go away with the mobile so we can see exactly who is currently the best male 2YO, and i emphasise "currently" at this early point of the season.
    Theres no stand-out in the fillies at the moment but a few consistent performers a few with potential as they develop and a regally bred Maori trained by Mr Maori Bryan Healy."

Well a reverse fortune in manners-Sundons Courage stuffed the mobile start and Cruisin went out ok, Charlie sat quietly and was too good, definitely lived up to his first start and then some. Huge run from Sundons Courage to me i think hes numero uno.
    Princess Phoenix too good in the fillies-but another huge run from Jay Bee Flex, watchout when she doesnt gallop.
    Barefoot Sally huge, Hana LIndy has a win in weaker class coming real soon!

Cant wait to see the Trotters Oaks at Menangle, cant wait to see Claudy etc battle.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As you know Ash, I do not follow the trotters to the extent that I should but I can see from doing a little research on My Tribeca ITA, that we are looking at some serious breeding potential here

ps Apart from My Tribeca's run I loved Blake Fitzpatrick's drive - great to see a move like that when it was obvious that they were about to crawl
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-24-2015 at 02:53 AM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    As you know Ash, I do not follow the trotters to the extent that I should but I can see from doing a little research on My Tribeca ITA, that we are looking at some serious breeding potential here

ps Apart from My Tribeca's run I loved Blake Fitzpatrick's drive - great to see a move like that when it was obvious that they were about to crawl
    Yes quite true Kev, with a French dad and an Italian mum that can only bring some good new genetics to the pool in Australia once she goes to stud.
    It was a good move by Blake to catch them napping, but just showed My Aryas superiority in the end over that field. However My Tribeca was certainly reeling her in at the end, was a shame she got so far back, she must have given Arya at least 30m headstart at the 800m??? Tribeca will be an interesting thing to watch develop, question is will we see her in Victoria??? hopefully yes!!!

How good is stablemate of Tribeca, Arboe? 5 starts 4 wins one 2nd. 1:55.5 last nite running freely out in front while Claudys Princess was stacked 3 wide for the first half of the trip, so top run by her to finish 9.4m from the winner in a 27.7 last qtr where Claudy was actually making ground.
    Spidergirl also a similar run to Claudy and was first up but nevertheless wasnt exactly anything to tell us yet that the "old" Spidergirl will be back yet.
    Interesting to see a good run hugging the pegs and flying home late with her best run yet in Australia to Ballyronan who is actually a FULL sister to winner Arboe!

Congrats to Darren Hancock Trainer Driver of ex pacer On Thunder Road who continues to race and win at FFA level, great effort.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Yes quite true Kev, with a French dad and an Italian mum that can only bring some good new genetics to the pool in Australia once she goes to stud.
    It was a good move by Blake to catch them napping, but just showed My Aryas superiority in the end over that field. However My Tribeca was certainly reeling her in at the end, was a shame she got so far back, she must have given Arya at least 30m headstart at the 800m??? Tribeca will be an interesting thing to watch develop, question is will we see her in Victoria??? hopefully yes!!!

How good is stablemate of Tribeca, Arboe? 5 starts 4 wins one 2nd. 1:55.5 last nite running freely out in front while Claudys Princess was stacked 3 wide for the first half of the trip, so top run by her to finish 9.4m from the winner in a 27.7 last qtr where Claudy was actually making ground.
    Spidergirl also a similar run to Claudy and was first up but nevertheless wasnt exactly anything to tell us yet that the "old" Spidergirl will be back yet.
    Interesting to see a good run hugging the pegs and flying home late with her best run yet in Australia to Ballyronan who is actually a FULL sister to winner Arboe!

Congrats to Darren Hancock Trainer Driver of ex pacer On Thunder Road who continues to race and win at FFA level, great effort.
    The decision on gait esp changing - would one of our experts fill me in on how it might come about
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    From a punting perspective, there's far too many Trotting races on these cards.

+ Reply to Thread