Inspired by fellow poster on this Forum Messenger, aka Kevin O'Donoghue who's 40 years following the trots has had him essentially ignore the good old Squaregaiter, i have decided to open a thread dedicated to the Trotters only.
As Kev has alluded to lately, the trotters can actually have a story to tell, and can actually have some interesting things going on!
For myself as an avid follower of the trotter i totally agree with that sentiment of course and hence have started this thread to talk all about the trotters.
I am talking about trotters in all states and would love to create a micro community where Owners, Trainers, Drivers, Punters and anyone who enjoys the gait can contribute.
With the Trotting ranks essentially going thru a complete Renaissance right now, its a great time for all involved, and also those like Kev who haven't been so involved to read and maybe get a bit more interested.
Currently with the Vicbred Super Series going on and an amazingly deep quality of young horses coming
thru due to some advanced thinking on breeding by some clever Owners and Trainers, its a great time to be into the trotter.
Coming up in late July we have the Redwood Trotters Carnival at Maryborough in Victoria with racing of all Trotters on Friday, a new Non TAB day on Saturday and the Grand Finale of the Group 1 2YO Seelite Windows and Doors Redwood Classic and the Seelite Windows and Doors Victorian Trotters Derby. (your welcome Michael!)
Anyway enough of this intro...