Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Of course. Looks like KerryAnn Turner won that

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=AP090319
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Stand Start trot at Ballarat tonight
    12 starters but over half the field ODS including the first four in the pre-post market
    It hardly inspires confidence (turnover?)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BAC16051908
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Confidence Kev? Confidence in what, that they will all trot away? Probably won’t all trot away but doesn’t that, with a full field, actually add value in the prices for those punters who get it right? Certainly gives plenty of opportunities for those punters who like to lay horses and bet in the run on Betfair. I think you might be surprised how much the race does turn over, could be more then the small field mobiles with an odds on favourite drawn well.
    Last edited by Dot; 05-16-2019 at 10:16 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Confidence Kev? Confidence in what, that they will all trot away? Probably won’t all trot away but doesn’t that, with a full field, actually add value in the prices for those punters who get it right? Certainly gives plenty of opportunities for those punters who like to lay horses and bet in the run on Betfair. I think you might be surprised how much the race does turn over, could be more then the small field mobiles with an odds on favourite drawn well.
    Knowing which one will gallop or step in any given day isnt really getting it right, its getting lucky. May as well play the pokies

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We should have used logic and went for No.1 and No.2 as there were only three off the front and they were the two that were not ODS
    $17 the Win and $254 the Quinella
    BUT it would have all be luck as only one starter stepped badly

ps It is amazing how hard the pros will go for a bit of 'free money'
    There was a $2.5k carryover jackpot in the First 4 from this race into R7 and consequently the First 4 pool for R7 which would have been < $10k ended up $22k
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-16-2019 at 11:55 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I need someone to watch the replay and explain this race to me

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#HMC10061908

When I first saw the margins I thought all bar the winner must have broken
    The winner and $2.30 favourite was a big run at its previous start when it galloped early and in retrospect it would seem that you were taking those odds about it holding it together in which case it was supposedly home

They went hard early but I am still a little bamboozled. It took him a lap to get to the lead so it isn't like everything fell into his hands
    He rated 2.04.7 but it was only a 2160 SS and the record is 2.01.7
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Record probably not set in June and by a better horse then any of these Kev. Winner had a bit on these, they stepped away and accelerated from the stand at varying rates and the leaders stole a bit of a break on the rest during this early phase of the race and the rest were strung out over a fair bit of ground, winner, early leader then ran lead time pretty quick with winner going to front and ran next 3 quarters in approx 30s each, too quick for the lesser horses to be able to make ground without crossing anerobic threshold and tiring, so most did tire, winner also tired last quarter but damage already done and others couldn’t make much if any ground.

Alternative explanation, winner had a good day, everyone else had one to forget!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been a while since I saw a 3 horse race - I hope these 2yo's behave or it could be embarrassing

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#MXB01071909
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bold Eagle finally makes it to North America and cleans up in the Woodbine Breeders Crown

http://www.harnesslink.com/USA/Bold-...reeders-Crown-

Check out the replay link to see how good replays should be (despite the appalling weather)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The positive initiative by Yarra Valley to run a couple of races on the grass on Cup day are stands and therefore trots
    Tune in for Races 4 & 7 for what should be an interesting spectacle
    We will have a new Tk Rec with these races over the new distance of 1950m

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=YG051119
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread