Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Can anyone explain how Gentleman Sir is still allowed to race? It cannot trot.
    Dance Craze to follow it out in a Gp3.

While it will be a miracle if stewards police the OPS properly Jason Lee will have a pretty good excuse.

People are betting on this and people have every right to back Dance Craze because its the best horse in the race but how can they drawn behind a horse who cannot trot.
    Meanwhile people have every right to lay Dance Craze knowing its drawn behind a horse who cannot trot but how can they have any confidence when the OPS rule is treated as a joke.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    GS has improved lately Brendan, from memory the 2nd was a pretty good run
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    GS has improved lately Brendan, from memory the 2nd was a pretty good run
    Lol. 5 starts ago was taken out of draw. 3 starts ago 'last' chance to race truly. That he has gone 2 starts in a row without causing a nuisance is a miracle and just means he is overdue.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Vicbred Platinum Home Grown heats for 2yo Trotters at Maryborough tomorrow
    Among the first starters we have

Montelina a half sis to Maorisfavouritesun

Amour Maternal a daughter of Valerie NZ

Central Otago a son of Sumthingaboutmaori

Bullion Harry a son of Miss Bullion

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MH051020
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is truly sad that the Gp1 Bill Collins Sprint is worth a mere $50k in totoal (I doubt there will be any metro gallops race run for less this Saturday)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is truly sad that the Gp1 Bill Collins Sprint is worth a mere $50k in totoal (I doubt there will be any metro gallops race run for less this Saturday)
    Embarrassingly for SA racing there is.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah, they only averaged $39k last Saturday (but they are not Gp races)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Pink Galahs drops back to 3yo fillies grade after beating the top trotters in the land.

I think with the season moving back there shouldn't be any major open age race from Sept-Dec. Sure have Gp3s but no Gp1s.

Horses have enough seasons to win open age events. I don't want to see 3yos burnt out at the end of their 3yo year against big guns. Or see 3yos beat the big guns and be shipped off early (like a trend is slowly starting to follow the thoroughbreds/USA where they retire their colts early already - Lazarus, Poster Boy and a couple others name escapes me)

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Pink Galahs drops back to 3yo fillies grade after beating the top trotters in the land.

I think with the season moving back there shouldn't be any major open age race from Sept-Dec. Sure have Gp3s but no Gp1s.

Horses have enough seasons to win open age events. I don't want to see 3yos burnt out at the end of their 3yo year against big guns. Or see 3yos beat the big guns and be shipped off early (like a trend is slowly starting to follow the thoroughbreds/USA where they retire their colts early already - Lazarus, Poster Boy and a couple others name escapes me)
    Agree with your sentiments. Except this three year old turned four years of age on October 2.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Agree with your sentiments. Except this three year old turned four years of age on October 2.
    I'm not talking physical age but HRA defined aged. Not 4 until Jan 1.

+ Reply to Thread