Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He is a good talker Ash.
    What is probably more likely to get me interested was watching the 3yo trots race - the top 2 picks engaged in a bit of a war and not only looked impressive, they also looked bomb-proof.
    I notice that like the winner of the 2yo Maori Legend, they were both sired by Skyvalley
    I missed the Maori Legend as with 3 trots races in a row I thought I would zip down to the supermarket to pick up a few things I was lucky to see the 3yo as I only hurried to be back before the meals went off - I will not do that again as this trot was probably the race of the day
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    This is one of the best things I've seen in a long time!!!
    Watch the reaction of winning driver Scott Torney after the race���������������� winner paid $62.50...
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#ECC23071508

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Good one! Enjoyed that!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    REDWOOD DAY
    I must say a little disappointing overall for the weekend as there weren’t as many races on either of all 3 days in comparison to last year.
    I believe a restriction to how many times a horse can race in general effected this. (theres a whole new thread right there which i may open for discussion later)

So the Redwood was basically the Hot Fav leads and wins, Purdon steals the cash again, good on him.
    Personally i was hoping for Sundons Courage to cross the Fav at the start and by George we would have had a race if he had.. As it was High Gaits first SS race i was crossing my fingers there might have been a slow beginning (or a bad one) and the Vic horse would have been half way home in my opinion. Subsequently he death seated and fought courageously as he does to go down by just 5m, with another 3m to the next Vic horse who sat on his back in the 1/1 Cruisin Around.
    Missandei flew home for a very close 2nd and the other kiwi Conan Bridge also after being held up was a great run coming home with more to offer after the fat lady had performed!
    In the Derby hot fav Speeding Spur dominated and was never in doubt really. After 3 scratchings from the front row, this left only 4 horses nosing the mobile barrier and 6 on the back row with the highly talented and highly erratic Illawong Armstrong coming out of 2 on the 2nd line and Speeding Spur out wide uninterrupted with clear running ahead.
    And that he did, he ran clear from outside the back row straight to the pegs within less than 300m, game over. Illawong moved from near last to the death seat and showed us how to dislocate Jodi Quinlans arms, she finished the race with her cuffs up near her elbow joint and Illawong subsequently finished 52m from the $50,000 winners cheque. a shame he can’t be settled will be a waste of a great talent if he doesn’t pull his head in cos he’s too busy pulling his head off.
    MASSIVE run Amarula-shes getting better and better-good work Mr Caldow. Track record to the winner 2:00.7 Mob 2690m
    Didn’t see Fav until just before the race, he looks like a movie star and has a behind as big as Black Caviar, quite un Standardbred like in my opinion. However when he races he sticks his neck out and doesn’t look anything like pre race…
    Should be unbeatable in Breeders Crown.
    Credit to Tina Ridis with what she has done with Lovable Nick! He was going nowhere totally on his mark and now has had 9 starts for her 3 wins 3 places 3 4ths.
    Same to Kylee Paull and her Monte efforts with maiden trotter Whiskey Business. He’s trotting under saddle against the likes of Cold Sister who gave him 30m headstart but this guys never won one race and he beat her home and others who have won about 14 races each. Whiskey who is a half brother to Derby winner I See Icy Earl seems to trot better in the Montes than under the sulky where he too often gallops, he has a good bit of ability and will win a race at big odds one day…maybe a Monte!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just saw a French monte race on Sky 2 Ash, confirmed my opinion that montes look ridiculous - make us look like a distant last compared to the gallopers as they look slow/awkward. Sorry but they cannot be part of our future
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Re Redwood Day
    Been a long 5 weeks leading up to the meeting and loads of work but now it’s all over for another year and we have time to breathe ololoolololol ( and get back to the forum J)
    Good summary Ash of the meeting however there are a couple of things I did thought worth mentioning as well.
    The Club was SHATTERED to have both Consolations taken from the program as was so many of the trainers & owners and daily I was told over the 3 days the participants would have done anything to have those races remain on the program and I am sure there will be that sort of response from the club when they are able to do so. The Redwood is both Traditional and Iconic and the meeting has the following and needs to be taken to the next level.

Like most on course our hearts were with the REAL LOCAL/s in Sundons Courage and in him finishing 3rd certainly gave us a good insight into the quality of our 2yos however High Gate was all the talk and proved just too good from the draw, having said that, I believe had Missandei drawn the front it would have proved a far different race as she has so much speed to burn and her run home proved just how tough she is considering all the extra ground that she covered and HER times would have blown all the others out of the race, I was before the race all hepped up on Conon Bridge trained by the most astute trainer in Peter Nairn but I thought he was somewhat disappointing IMHO as he saved considerable ground and couldn’t run the drum.
    Speeding Spur, I don’t know what is going to beat this perfectly 1,2,3,4 balanced STAR ! what seems no one is giving him credit for is that Illawong served it up to him big time and not only was he able to treat that horse with contempt and make him puncture but in the run home toyed with the others- Amurala was a big run and again my heart was with her and for Bacardi Lindy but the star is Speeding Spur and what the heck can beat that horse ?he is awesome to watch with his total wanting to race and his will to win……..he is a STAR……..he needs to be promoted big time here each time he races-there’s a real draw card HRV !

Of the other races on the big day, the day started with a stirring hard slogging finish going to Lighting Calder that did set the day for really great racing the 2nd race was won by Beta Hanoverdachash and it should be mentioned the connections made a very generous donation to the fund raising for young Emily Hayes ( yes you can still buy tickets to help this little girl by contacting Mark) the Monte was made a little easy for the outsider of the David Aiken stable in Monsieur Deville after Kvintet Avenger galloped inside the 100 where both were having their first starts in a monte
    Miracle dictated and found form and as mentioned Tina who could drive a broomstick she is going so well won with Loveable Nick and the final race, Maori Time was a fantastic first up run to win for the new trainer in Brent Lilley.
    ROLL ON the Breeders Crown series
    Biggest disappointment for me there looks like there is going to be no clash with High Gate, Messandei and Keyang Yankee ( just don’t know what has happened to her hope she is OK)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Bruce..do you know the reasons why there were no consolations for either the Redwood or the Victoria Trotte's Derby at Maryborough on the Sunday?
    The program seemed to lack something without them
    Odd's on favourites in both those races didn't do much to heighten interest.

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Bruce..do you know the reasons why there were no consolations for either the Redwood or the Victoria Trotte's Derby at Maryborough on the Sunday?
    The program seemed to lack something without them
    Odd's on favourites in both those races didn't do much to heighten interest.

Noel, after speaking to half a dozen people that should know my understanding is the 3 days were treated like a group of noms and the first to be done was the Redwood then the racing office made up the cards for the Fri and then the Sat. I am not sure IMHO that the iconic value of Redwood or the soul of tradition and how it is seen in the community that was taken into account to be frank and it was not only the Consolations but also the Mile deleted grrr

As for the favorites I thought High Gate was a tad short but the wraps and the draw really spelt out the price and the bookies got it right in that I think they finished up to $10 in finishing order so to speak as for the Derby 1.90/evens on the Spur was overs I did have 2 bob on the nose and thought it was generous oloolololol and if you think back to the last few years the winners have been short, I think it may have been the lack of the feel for the day that took interest away.............not to mention the sun didn't even come out and it was one of those winter days....................Friday was BEAUTIFUL as you know and the Sat was not bad either, but you cant control that as you know olololol

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

Certainly a boon for the TAB, how'd ya like a business that does $77 million turnover ( do the maths ololololol) and you pay the owner for their product a WHOLE $1.2 million ......wow and we get Sky 2 thrown in as well for all this to strip our turnover from a dog race with less than the turnover we have in our pool.

then you have the trotter that is bringing this money into the sport for everyone from the exported product and we are still getting far less stake money than the pacer................if you want to increase ownership etc of the trotter and you ALREADY have a export market to bring in revenue then one sure way would be to put more into prize money for that gait and not have the insult of having it so much less than the pacers-can you imagine what the French or for that matter the entire Scandinavians think when they see a program for Breeders where the trotters get less than half that of the pacers.

+ Reply to Thread