Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Yeah not good, but only 8 runners, 12 runners wouldnt have looked so bad and at the end of the day they ARE trotters.
    They have galloped for 50 years and will gallop for another 50 years...
    And that is what makes them so attractive to people who think that trotters are so nice.

"He is trotting good so at home, If I can just get him around the first turn."

Once they get you in they have got you.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Yeah not good, but only 8 runners, 12 runners wouldnt have looked so bad and at the end of the day they ARE trotters.
    They have galloped for 50 years and will gallop for another 50 years...
    You would have to think the average punter knows this, or anyone having first bet on our industry would either be told the diff between pacers and trotters or to be aware they are "different". Look at the dogs, hot favs or any dog, fall over as much as any trotter gallops.
    Exactly right Ash but they are getting a lot better and not breaking as often, The breed here has come a long way in a very short space of time and should continue to improve in the next few years and hopefully bomb proof in 50 years.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I took an interest in the trot at Stawell today and as usual looked up the breeding of the winner after.
    Congratulations to Ararat trainer Michael McGrath on what I think is his first winner for the season but more so congratulations to the whole McGrath clan of the last 50+ years.
    T & Mrs N bought Queen Ling 1961 and bred Napoleon Miss 1974. Then WT & EK bred Can't Find It 1980 from her and then MT & KF being from up this way of course sent her to Maori's Idol to produce good mare Rani Rose 1997 the dam of their winner today Our Rose Bud 2008

These are the families - horse and human, that we need to keep harness racing strong
    Won again next start in the Tontine at Ararat (home) tonight and paid $22
    I remember reading in the local paper after the first win that Michael said it would win much better races
    (of course I did not have anything on it)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The last at Ballarat today. These times must be wrong. I am thinking the lead time would be 46.7 not 36.7 - they cannot have gone 591m in that time but how have they got the Gross Time wrong too, what they have posted would mean they have smashed the Tk record

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC04031507
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I cannot believe I am having to keep this thread alive Ash

I really paid again today for ignoring the trot.
    On course at Stawell sitting near me was a dad with 2 young ones on school holidays in tow.
    Dad disappears for a minute, then returns in driving kit.
    I check the fields and find out his only drive is in the trot.
    It is a 9yo mare who has not won for 5yrs but she has run 2 placings in her last 4 - a good 'interest' bet
    But what do I do?
    I decide that if I skip the trot I can zip down to the hardware store, pick up a few things and still be back in plenty of time for the 5th.
    Congratulations Peter Sanderson, I bet the billy-lids were pretty proud of dad.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Troodles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Trudy Thomas
    Dick Lee still trains and drives - currently Dora Pepperel (trotter) and Reeds May (pacer) but my favourite must be Rufus Youngblood (and Downsouth Clare, Hampden's Pride, Rhodonite, Glenfield Girl etc etc). And he has been heavily involved with the Square Trotters and Redwood Day/Carnival.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Troodles View Post
    Dick Lee still trains and drives - currently Dora Pepperel (trotter) and Reeds May (pacer) but my favourite must be Rufus Youngblood (and Downsouth Clare, Hampden's Pride, Rhodonite, Glenfield Girl etc etc). And he has been heavily involved with the Square Trotters and Redwood Day/Carnival.
    Hey Troodles, welcome to the forum and particularly this Trotters thread!
    I was a big fan of Hampdens Pride, from memory a gun from the mobile start...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Congrats to the Welsh clan for winning the Ararat Trotters Cup with Wildenstein hanging on well to win. A great beginner from the SS he pinged out and led all the way with a well rated drive by Clinton around the small 800m track.

Also congrats to Trainer David Garbutt and the (i reckon) newer and improved Sunset Invasion who won the Warragul Trotters Cup Easter Sunday.
    The Boss Man disappointing, going in the opposite direction of Sunset Invasion, down, not up!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I took a couple of photos for your trotting lovers Ash. I will drip feed you the clues. Many will get it after the 2nd pic
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rightio, a little zoom will help many guess where this is leading
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread