Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Re the Veteran Driver's Race total winners..
    Estimation...Brian Gath has over 3000 winners, and Graeme Lang is well over 2000 for a start. Neville Welsh has been driving since 1950s. I would estimate somewhere around 8000 winners or more among them.
    I'll try and get winning numbers from each of the drivers on Saturday night.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Thanks Noel for the info. Makes you wonder how many of the junior drivers of the last and next 10 years will still be in the game after as many years as these gents.

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Did anyone see the Monte Trot at Cranbourne tonight? Son Of An Earl with Daryl Douglas, 2.01.2 from a standing start ( off 60 behind) . First time I believe that they were able to race tactically. With the change in conditions for Monte Racing, and stable like Matt Craven shortly to enter trotters, there may be a future for this>
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#CRC22111408
    Thoughts anyone?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You convinced me to have a look Noel
    It was by far the best Monte race I have seen (only a few mind you)
    I know we probably should not compare them to gallopers but compared to them I am afraid IMO they look ordinary
    Reminds me of watching walkers (athletes, I am talking about) - you get the feeling they really want to break into a faster gait
    You would think if it was to catch on, that rider weights has to come into it at some point
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    LMFAO @ the walkers comment Not sure if it wil really catch on in Australia?

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    There is a need to get full fields.
    There is a lot of time and effort ( misguided or not ) by HRV to get this to work, as part of the Eurupean-Australasian Trotters ( Great Southern Star) initiative.
    Have a look at this mobile Monte in Sweden , to see what a race with a full field is like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F55G_zfjvM8

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Noel
    I noticed gallopers are even a problem over there
    I think the horse coming off 60m (40m behind the others) tonight was more interesting
    I know that youtube was 2009 but I thought our jocks looked more comfortable on their horses than the Swedes - surprising
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Noel
    I noticed gallopers are even a problem over there
    I think the horse coming off 60m (40m behind the others) tonight was more interesting
    I know that youtube was 2009 but I thought our jocks looked more comfortable on their horses than the Swedes - surprising
    Yes was a good Monte that one, liked the way Tsonga was catching the winner, i dont doubt if it was 2000m or more Tsonga would have won.
    We certainly are lacking numbers in these races especially since the main driver behind the concept initially C Lang, has reduced his stable numbers which is a shame.

How was Keystone Del at Melton last Fri night? Smashed 'em. Based on that no Aus horse can beat him right now!
    Mister Zion reverted to a pace after a little skip and pulled up, will he continue?????

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What's happened to my MHE his last few runs? He's much better than that.. I would like to see Spider Girl up against Keystone Del. I'd say Mr Zion will continue on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    We saw an impressive win by regally bred Gus An Maori at his 2nd race start on Friday night at Ballarat. This Colt is by Angus Hall out of Sumthinhaboutmaori so hopefully he may continue to race as well as and better than his last 400m of 28.6 after sitting in the death for the majority of the race.

Great run by Flying Isa to win over the 3000m at Menangle, bolted in, Our Overanova capitulated badly, out of character...???
    Interesting to watch a horse who for essentially his whole career in Victoria was a flyer at the standing start come to NSW in Tritton stable with Ms Panella driving and gallop at the start, it "looks like" she really doesnt know how to drive squaregaiters, the stable did no good with another trotter that was racing well in Qld who came to them and had maybe 2-3 races galloping and tailed off each race after they gave up and essentially, i believe i read in the media, admitted they didnt know what to do with trotters.
    Yet they take on Si capisco who was a foolproof trotter and very fast SS horse, hopefully results and a little SS practice may benefit.

+ Reply to Thread