Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    According to HRA, last night was supposed to have been the NSW Trotters Derby - what happened to it?

http://www.harness.org.au/results/in...rch_type=daily
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Only 5 nominations for the race , so they will hold it later in the year hopefully,

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    According to HRA, last night was supposed to have been the NSW Trotters Derby - what happened to it?

http://www.harness.org.au/results/in...rch_type=daily

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks David - I'm surprised Yabby Farm alone didn't have that many to send up!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Thanks David - I'm surprised Yabby Farm alone didn't have that many to send up!
    Kevo!!!
    Just popped in to see whats happening in here and low and behold the old Trotters have had a recent post so i thought id give my 2cents worth of what i read in Social Media...
    I do believe the recent NSW Trotters Oaks which had a great field was at nominations a Group 1 event, as expected. However i believe from what i read on Twitter that AFTER noms had closed the race was changed to a G2 because the Stakes were only 40k not 50k...
    Therefore i also believe that the NSW Trotters Derby was listed as a G2 @ 40k, so apparently not "worthy" of G1.
    After Owners Trainers etc were "burnt" by the Oaks debacle, someone on Twitter sought clarification of wether the Derby would be G1 or G2 and therefore NSW got jack-all nominations!
    In the Oaks there were 8 starters, 5 from VIC 1 QLD 1 NZ and a grand total of 1 NSW. You'd think they'd learn from their mistake!
    An Oaks and Derby G2 paying 40k and not paying a pathetic extra 10k to make them G1...pathetic, they deserve to have no-one nominate

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree Ash - great to hear from you

(Now we just need Rich to resurface)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is one $6k race on the otherwise $3.5k program at Geelong today - it is the monte. If it really deserved the extra prize money, it would not be race 1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Just had a look at the breeding of the 2yo trotting fillies in the heats of the Vicbred Super Series at Ballarat on Tuesday night.

Some very well related little girls there....and one ripping name (Probably courtesy of co-breeder Paul Graydon)...Derrie Ayre.....Bacardi Lindy from Gluteus Maximus, in Heat one.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The difference between Victoria and NSW when it comes to trotting fields is illustrated by the large fields in the Vicbred Super series at Ballarat tonight compared to the ridiculous 3 and 4 horse Challenge finals (Gp2!) at Menangle on Sunday

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=PC260616
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    The difference between Victoria and NSW when it comes to trotting fields is illustrated by the large fields in the Vicbred Super series at Ballarat tonight compared to the ridiculous 3 and 4 horse Challenge finals (Gp2!) at Menangle on Sunday

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=PC260616
    I wonder where all the Sydneysiders who complained about fields at Coolamon ANZAC day meetings are at now?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Into the unknown

Another great story by Michael Howard about 3yo Fillies Final aspirant Into The Unkown R3 tonight

In case you missed it

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-Unknown-filly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread