Junior Member Weanling Longroad will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    James O'Brien
    Occupation
    Landscaper

Lightbulb Exhibit A

Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    Hi James,

Sorry mate I’m new to this forum, I didn’t think that I was making a “big statement” and at no stage in my post did I use the word expertise. I thought what I posted was an opinion of mine it may not be right, it may not be wrong. It may not be the same as you but that’s ok. Oops my bad.
    To reply to your questions:

“Explain to the greater audience what the term race reading refers to”
    I said reading a race.
    In my opinion reading a race is understanding that at times horses race differently to their normal race patterns and not needing change of tactics rules, trainers with multiple horses in races having to go to the stewards and ray horse X is going to do this and horse Y is going to do that. I don’t for one minute think Ms Scott is the only steward can read a race. Didn’t think I had to mention my opinion on all stewards to comment on one. Its just my opinion. Oops.

Im sure Reid Sanders and his panel may disagree that they are “plodding along”
    At no stage did I mention Mr. Sanders and or his panel. Or infer that he or his panel were plodding.
    I said New South Wales was plodding. Sorry I meant the Harness Racing Industry in New South Wales. I will say that I don’t think harness racing in New South Wales is going gang busters. Not sure if that’s my bad or yours. Might be both of us.

Actually 99.9% of all people that have something to do with the industry would disagree.
    I hope you’re right but not sure. Where did you get this figure from? Is it from a survey? Do you mean 99.9% of owners, trainers, drivers, and punters all together?
    Can you please provide as you phrased it to the greater audience where you got these figures from.

As for South Australia being a trail blazer or walking backwards, or punters confidence in the last three years. I’m going to leave these statements alone as they are nothing to do with me and I think that they are your opinion which I am going to respect.

Toni,

Can I draw your attention to Race 1 at Globe Derby on Friday night. Favorite hands up without any resistance to an outsider that was three deep for 500 metres. Then ends up 3 pegs, gets dragged back, gets out at 150 and flies home to finish second. OMG

No questions asked, but a reprimand for whip use???

Is this the race reading you are talking about?

Surely at least a question could be asked? I'm not going to get on hear and bag everyone that drives a bad race or the Stewards.... there are enough people who have never achieved much in harness racing that do this already.

But, I am going to challenge those who throw out big statements.

Junior Member Weanling Longroad will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    James O'Brien
    Occupation
    Landscaper

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I can't say that that would be the race I would choose if I was wanting to pick holes in the stewards analysis thereof.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Come on James your not being fair now, you can't ask me another question when you have not answered my question and don't forget that I posted my opinion early last week before this race. That's not very sporting of you.

Where did you get the figure 99.9% of all people that have something to do with the industry would disagree.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    James...what do you make of the questions raised by the panel in races 3 and 8 on the same program? Thorough enough or not?

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=GD250714

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Did anybody else not even know about this race until after it was run?

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...rds-for-Palmer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread