Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haysey

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

Haysey

For those who may not have heard, Greg Hayes will leave SKY following the Breeders Challenge coverage today. Greg has been with Radio 2KY (SSR) and SKY Racing for 15 years and has elected to pursue other interests at this time. He has been a great mate and help to me personally and I would like to wish him well in his future endeavours....

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Over the years Greg has upset a few with his opinions, that said, his knowledge and commitment to the sport can not be questioned. He will leave a big hole at Sky and the worry for our sport is his replacement.
    I endorse your wishes to him Fred for his future.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Longroad View Post
    Guys,

Greg Hayes built a media career on the back of Harness racing.
    He then went along and decided to find the negative before the positive on most occasions.

Greg Hayes and, more recently Gareth Hall are lacking the intellect to capture my attention.
    Adam Hamilton, is the only current media person that is astute enough to argue intelligently, armed with facts.
    When Ryan Phelan left SKY I was glad to see him go. When Sam Nati left our screens we lost a personality that had character, charisma and intellect. God help the industry if Adam Hamilton leaves our screens.
    I wish Greg Hayes all the best I'm sure he's a good bloke or good work mate. But, lets hope he doesn't turn up on our screens any time soon.

Bailey....you are right in one respect....he will leave a big hole.
    I think you're being a little harsh James.

Numerous prominent former/current participants in the industry have provided more than enough negative fodder with their unscrupulous behavior/practices for the media to feast on.

You would hardly say it's been a stellar last 5 years.

On this front I think Greg Hayes was quite balanced with his views and IMO he was certainly more positive than negative.

What I'm more concerned about is what's Tabcorp / SKY up to ?

My guess is, it's not in the best interest of the industry re their coverage.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Longroad View Post
    Guys,

Greg Hayes built a media career on the back of Harness racing.
    He then went along and decided to find the negative before the positive on most occasions.

Greg Hayes and, more recently Gareth Hall are lacking the intellect to capture my attention.
    Adam Hamilton, is the only current media person that is astute enough to argue intelligently, armed with facts.
    When Ryan Phelan left SKY I was glad to see him go. When Sam Nati left our screens we lost a personality that had character, charisma and intellect. God help the industry if Adam Hamilton leaves our screens.
    I wish Greg Hayes all the best I'm sure he's a good bloke or good work mate. But, lets hope he doesn't turn up on our screens any time soon.

Bailey....you are right in one respect....he will leave a big hole.
    I'm all for opinions and all but I don't believe this is warranted.....thread was started as a 'thanks & good luck in the future', not a 'who do u wanna bash in the media'. Greg has left the building.....no need to kick him in the arse on the way out! Finally, as much as I enjoy hearing A Hamilton's views, I'm damn sure the 'industry' doesn't rest on his shoulders!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    James I will give you a break and tell you what you did wrong.
    James what you did is not show any empathy and by that I am also talking about towards the person who started the thread. One of Greg Hayes work colleagues started a farewell thread and you did not seem to understand that at all and showed neither of them respect. It was more the off-tracking of the thread that I did not like. If you wanted to question Greg Hayes contribution (and that of a couple of others) then a man of your intellect should have started another thread or used Odds and Ends.
    I expect you to rip into this reply but do me the courtesy of thinking then typing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I actually thought Greg was good at what he was doing and showed a lot of enthusiasm. No one is perfect, or close to it..
    All the best for your future Greg, & hopefully you will stick around in some form or another.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Guys, when you work in the public arena it is easy for opinions to be formed and often expressed in social media and/or forums of this ilk. God knows I bore the brunt of much criticism and negativity on same and that's ok with me because I do respect peoples opinions and no doubt, some was deserved. All I would say James, again respectfully, is that this thread was posted wishing a good mate the very best of luck and wish him well in the future. Further, I thanked him for the time he took to help me when I returned to call harness after 20 years calling greyhounds. It wasn't about whether he did a good job or otherwise. I personally feel that is something very subjective to each of us. For every 5 that say he did a great job there may be 5 that disagree.... I just wanted to keep this thread relevant to the topic and not turn it into a debate on his ability. Thanks for reading

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    street corner tip is that Greg Hayes takes over from Sam Nati.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    street corner tip is that Greg Hayes takes over from Sam Nati.
    Was thinking the same when the announcement was made.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    I hope greg hangs around involved somewhere with the sport we always seem to lose good people to other
    sports. Where as the people that are hopeless hang around forever.

+ Reply to Thread