Roll With Joe

Thread: He's baaaack!

Threaded View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    How I thought it would pan out is Mach Beauty leading easily with both ITMQ and Suave Stuey Lombo going forward and SSL racing on the outside of MB and Jnr with a sit although I think this may have been a perilous decision because I reckon Panella may have let SSL slide to the front then Tritton would have a double pronged attack SSL in front and MB free access to the sprint lane and I was surprised this didn't eventuate. Avonnova in recent runs has been allowed to settle then taken aroung the field to go to the front or sit outside I think Cockburn thought he could outstay his main oppositition and being somewhat buoyed by his close second to Beautide in the Len Smith Mile he decided to go for it especially after declaring he was ready for this. Avonnova dictated the pace all the way in the Len Smith and was run over by Beautide in 1:53:1 2.6 slower than ITMQ and on a good and bigger track. Gary Hall Snr was right - good strong performer but maybe lacking the sprint ability of the champ.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 07-06-2014 at 10:53 PM.