Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    How I thought it would pan out is Mach Beauty leading easily with both ITMQ and Suave Stuey Lombo going forward and SSL racing on the outside of MB and Jnr with a sit although I think this may have been a perilous decision because I reckon Panella may have let SSL slide to the front then Tritton would have a double pronged attack SSL in front and MB free access to the sprint lane and I was surprised this didn't eventuate. Avonnova in recent runs has been allowed to settle then taken aroung the field to go to the front or sit outside I think Cockburn thought he could outstay his main oppositition and being somewhat buoyed by his close second to Beautide in the Len Smith Mile he decided to go for it especially after declaring he was ready for this. Avonnova dictated the pace all the way in the Len Smith and was run over by Beautide in 1:53:1 2.6 slower than ITMQ and on a good and bigger track. Gary Hall Snr was right - good strong performer but maybe lacking the sprint ability of the champ.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 07-06-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    For what ita worth I thought it was a great race.Hall took no prisoners by going forward at the start to land who knows where.Cockburn took no prisoners by taking off after settling out of the gate.Panella took no prisoners with her hard front running drive.Hall and Quinny got the best out of it..whats the problem?? Perhaps if he didn't win then all the drives would have been great bah Juniors where he would have been shark bait on here not Cockburn!!!

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    its

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Is that the race where Karloo Mick finish second Brent? If so, I remember that clearly. Quinny went berzerk with Trigger, then Trigger immediately pulled of his back when crossed, from there Quinny had a dream run but managed 3rd. The excitement of those years watching 2 great horses go at it was amazing! Robert, I could throw in Gammalite, Village kid as well, and some of my fav's from the 90's- Iraklis, Franco Tiger, Franco Ice, etc etc. I had a very soft spot for Sinbad Bay. What a horse! So many greats.
    Hey Smoken, Fantastic to see the great names from the past, How about we throw Mount Eden in the mix without giving the opposition 60 or 70 metres head start due to his poor manners, That would be some type of race and I'm sure that there would be a massive crowd on hand, We can only dream!!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    What do you think that Lauren would do differently? She's got the horse and the draw (anywhere on the front) and she 'aint driving any differently.
    Hi Rob, I thought it was a good drive by Lauren and yes, She couldn't have driven the horse and better, He has blinding gate speed and will win more than his share of races driven this way. I probably should have said Bart should learn something from the experience but it will be tough going not only against Quinny.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Yes Richard, Mt Eden, and so many others from the past. It would be magical, but as you said, we can only dream! So many others that we can mention as well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Suave Stuey drawn 6 on Sat night over 2138 Mob
    Quinn drawn outside him in 7 with Pete McMullen driving.
    SSL leads, Quinn in the death if he goes forward again????????????
    or does Quinn go back with SSL potentially running track record time?

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    SSL leads, ITMQ I think will go forward and take cover, to which horse no idea. If Quinny is in death and wins, then he really has toughened up, and I mean big time! So many great races at Albion Park this Sat. Do you think Quinny might try and lead? Very interesting if he does try that..
    Last edited by Smoken; 07-08-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Ad

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why would you give a precious champion rising 10, a hard run in the death when the winner will be lucky to collect $10k?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    That could have happened last week Kev, if it wasn't for Cockburn handing Quinny the race. I guess people can say it was worth $60k, sure, still doesn't change he COULD have had a brutal run in the death. Maybe they are confident Quinny is way to good? Should/could Trigger have been given an easier run as a rising 12yr old? That's the difference between the 2 for me. Ones a precious brilliant Champ, and the other one a BRUTAL fighting Champion. I just like the latter's style way more, doesn't mean they both aren't Champs. I'm sure everyone has there fav's for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread