Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What's amazing to me as well is, to read there are more than a few people(twitter) that believe that Cockburn made the right decision making that suicide move, as if he didn't, he would not even run third.. What utter bollocks! To say that, they must have huge confidence in Quinny having that amazing sprint all the way through sitting in the death, or that Avonnova couldn't track Quinny into the straight.. Now I'm shaking my head as well as scratching... Sorry to repeating myself, but I'm shocked how this could truly be believed...

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Chaps, I'm getting a little tired of all the riders in the stand bagging Bart Cockburn's drive, he was clearly driving the horse to his strengths....the horse is "one paced" in this grade and if left in the one one would have finished out of a place, in my opinion, his drive was as good as it could be under the circumstances, obviously the perfect drive is lead and set your own pace, but that was never an option with MB in the race and drawn to lead. And before you all go off half cocked, check out Avonnova's record, in particular his best runs, pay some attention to the sectionals and where he was placed in the field in those races. When you are driving horses in races against opposition that is better than you ( eg IMTQ) you do not have the luxury of using tactical speed, you have to drive your horse to it's strengths, which is exactly what Bart did.

BTW also check out the fact that the horse ran a PB, how could he do that if it was a crook drive?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Last edited by Danno; 07-06-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Get over it fellas when the top couple of grand circuit horse are fit ( beutide Quinny ) they will alway beat good FFA horses. Remember the co's go 56 in qld all the time , time doesn't mean a lot sometimes .Quinny could have gone another lap

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quinny could have gone another lap for sure with the run that he was gifted with! If Cockburn drove Avonnova to his strengths, he might as well had a serious dip for the lead, as either way he was going to be beaten by certain opinions. I don't buy it! Why wouldn't he keep out Quinny out from the very start since he was hell bent on keeping the death? Lebron was keeping the back of Avonnova easily, so Quinny would have either be 3 wide the trip or use a lot more energy to get the death.
    How could he have finished out of a place if had that dream run that Quinny had? The 4th horse finished 4lengths or more back from Avonnova.
    I still would like to know if you guys believe Quinny would have won if he was in the death? Or would his task been that much greater? What was the point of SSL being in that race last night? Just for show? GHJ didn't outsmart Cockburn, Cockburn just drove a shocking race!
    Last edited by Smoken; 07-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Quinny could have gone another lap for sure with the run that he was gifted with! If Cockburn drove Avonnova to his strengths, he might as well had a serious dip for the lead, as either way he was going to be beaten by certain opinions. I don't buy it! Why wouldn't he keep out Quinny out from the very start since he was hell bent on keeping the death? Lebron was keeping the back of Avonnova easily, so Quinny would have either be 3 wide the trip or use a lot more energy to get the death.
    How could he have finished out of a place if had that dream run that Quinny had? The 4th horse finished 4lengths or more back from Avonnova.
    I still would like to know if you guys believe Quinny would have won if he was in the death? Or would his task been that much greater? What was the point of SSL being in that race last night? Just for show? GHJ didn't outsmart Cockburn, Cockburn just drove a shocking race!
    Evangelos,
    with all due respect mate, and this will be my last post on this subject, think about sectional times, think about not spending all your pennies in one quarter and think about the other drivers in the field, for example do you honestly think MB was gunna hand up????? Try and take everthing into account, as I suggested earlier do some home work on Avonnova's past performances, I'm beginning to think you might be talking through your pocket old mate.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I don't gamble mate, but I know plenty of people who do and were pissed with Cockburn's drive, which they have every reason to! I just love the trots as well as the dogs. No one has really answered my questions.. Would Quinny have won if he was in the breeze, & if so why? He is not known for his strength/stamina!
    Why are a few people so sure that Avonnova would have missed a place if he was in the 1/1? Would STI(not the other type have run third or any of the other bunch? So you're pretty much saying here, Cockburn was at very best running for 3rd, & only could have gotten that if he raced the way he did, right? There was no way for him to win or run 2nd? How do we know that LP wouldn't have relented to Cockburn if he kept on going? I would repeat myself again like a parrot and ask, why all week would Cockburn be saying he would not give the death from the START, yet he just allows Quinny to cruise on by, only then to vacate the 1/1 & well you know the rest. Cockburn clearly was talking crap, which a lot of punters were believing in what he was saying. People I spoke to yesterday, were saying they thought the exact same thing, as they believed Cockburn's talk. If he had stayed true to his word, Quinny would have been posted 3 wide the trip, he would have been made to work a lot harder to get the death, & at best he would have earned that race as opposed to basically having it gifted to him. I really can't see how my logic is unreasonable here.
    Last edited by Smoken; 07-06-2014 at 09:33 PM.

aussiebreno
    Kev,

sorry I couldnt save you earlier.

In the blue corner:

Cockburn 100+ winners this season.
    Quinny only 50 odd wins 3 IDs $4.5 mill

In the red corner:

Evangelos 0 winners this season
    "Beautide done a baby bling"

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Interesting reading! Not talking out of my pocket, not disrespecting any horses claims to 'champion status', not (trying to) disrespecting anyone else's opinion but it is a no brainer that Avonnova should have kept the death seat which would have provided connections with 2nd place prize money instead of third. Simple as that!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Breno, I know u know your form........tell me u had Quinny crossing (under a hold) to the death seat before the first corner?

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Nothing wrong with my posts Brendan, simply my opinions. Post the link so people can read them, have a laugh or whatever mate, it doesn't bother me at all. Why don't you try stick to the topic, that's unless anyone's point of view that doesn't gel with your point if view, isn't worth your time, or should be mocked. No need to be arrogant and rude, but hey, if that's what you feel like, go right ahead. And you shouldn't assume that if anyone has an opinion when they comment on a race, & you view it as sour grapes, does it mean they are gamblers.
    Can't a person just share his thoughts?
    For the record, I will say it for the 2nd time, nobody is bagging Quinny or Cockburn over all! Just questioning his very poor decision LAST NIGHT, not his career or over all character as a person!
    Last edited by Smoken; 07-06-2014 at 10:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread