Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Welcome aboard Keith, That's the way I saw it with Avonnova as well. The old track record was 1.51.8 and both Mach Beauty and Avonnova have both gone under that mark so they were far from disgraced. It was a truly great spectacle.

Junior Member Foal Novo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Keith Jones
    Correct was a great race.. Mach went enormous, surely if Panella goes 27.5 down the back she wins??

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Wins or gets even closer!!
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-06-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is great how a little $60k race (less than a regular metro gallops race) can get us all excited and conversing so. I hope to hear from someone at Albion and someone at Melton tonight (COLD!) to let us know how sport is going 'on track'
    Kev.
    I was at Melton last night and a decent crowd was there to see some really good racing. And yes, it was a cold night.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Bake him a cake to go with the present!
    Bahahaha! If Quinny was to keep the death, there is no way he would have beaten MB, & I'm certain Avonnova would have had fresh legs to run a strong sprint. Unless Quinny has become much much stronger, & changed his racing style, I can't see how he would have won in the death. Looking forward to see them clash again, & hopefully they don't hand the race to Quinny again, because regardless that they smashed the TR, it was so predictable how the race was going to unfold when he go the 1/1. If Quinny would have won that race from the breeze, or in front, then that would have been amazing!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Evangelos, I can see you have a problem with Quinny. If breaking the track record by 1.4 sec is not amazing you are not going to be amazed some YEARS.
    I think you secretly see Quinny as a champion for your post suggests all he had to do was get a sit to win (or else you would have seen Mach as a genuine poss even with the way the race panned out). If you choose to barrack against him, you are in for more disappointments as it is not that hard for a good driver to find a sit.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Not at all Kevin. I love all animals, regardless of having a soft spot for some more than others. I'm making a valid point. If Quinny was to be in the breeze, the chances are very high he would have compounded, that goes the same if he got the lead.
    MB was the best run in the race by far, and he just got beat from the best sit sprinter in Australasia. I suppose it comes down to personal preference in what constitutes a great horse or a great race. I say it again, Cockburn's decision was a very poor one, common sense should have prevailed but it didn't for some bizarre reason. I also take it that if it's not that hard for a good driver to take a sit, then Cockburn was handed that from GHJ, yet decided to reciprocate out of his selflessness and good will..
    Last edited by Smoken; 07-06-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Not 100% sure but Quinny's time might have been a World Record for the track size and distance last night, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Not at all Kevin. I love all animals, regardless of having a soft spot for some more than others. I'm making a valid point. If Quinny was to be in the breeze, the chances are very high he would have compounded, that goes the same if he got the lead.
    MB was the best run in the race by far, and he just got beat from the best sit sprinter in Australasia. I suppose it comes down to personal preference in what constitutes a great horse or a great race. I say it again, Cockburn's decision was a very poor one, common sense should have prevailed but it didn't for some bizarre reason. I also take it that if it's not that hard for a good driver to take a sit, then Cockburn was handed that from GHJ, yet decided to reciprocate out of his selflessness and good will..
    When Cockburn decide to go around ITMQ to sit outside he signed all their own Death Warrants. Did he honestly think he could win with Quinny parked right behind him?

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I do get where Smoken is coming from Kev. Quinny is an out and out champion, nobody is denying that (at least I don't think they r), it's the circumstances of his victory that's in question. I consider myself a better than decent judge on how a race should/will pan out and I can tell u no one, bloody no one on earth would have drawn up the script the way it unfolded last night (I know Bob said Jnr would go forward but I'm sure he expected Quinny to slot in 1 or 2 back....would like to know his thought if you're out there Bob). If that was the speed map he would of started $1.40! That said IMO like Smokens, the leader was clearly the best run in the race and should have won.
    It's like u said though Kev, it's great this little race created this much attention, both before & after.
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread