Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Amazing that after all this time we still have the Quinny knockers. The horse has been racing against the highest echelons in harness racing for quite a few years and generally knocking them down like ten pins and yet we still have the usual suspects trying to bring him down to their levels. I suppose you will have something to say when he becomes the richest stakes earner in the world.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Amazing that after all this time we still have the Quinny knockers. The horse has been racing against the highest echelons in harness racing for quite a few years and generally knocking them down like ten pins and yet we still have the usual suspects trying to bring him down to their levels. I suppose you will have something to say when he becomes the richest stakes earner in the world.
    Fark, who knocked him in this thread.....no one!!! He is an out and out champion, perhaps the best I've seen. I butter up at the $1.20 every week over your way Rod. And Jnr, if not better is equally as good. They're just opinions on how ONE race unfolded.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    The circumstances of his win as Brent described is the only thing I'm going on about, I have not once bagged Quinny in this thread or has anyone else. Anyway you look at it, he was handed that race!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    For the record (sorry Evangelos), I've been quite the Smoken Up knocker over the years. Egg all over my face time after time after time after time..............

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Trigger has personally given me the most exciting times in harness racing, because I just love his style of racing, & when he does retire it will be a very sad day, but as I said in the other thread, grateful for watching him race. Regarding Quinny's next run, do you think the drivers of other horses will be so accommodating, or will they have learnt from last night? I know it depends on draws etc, but I just mean in general.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Lauren and young Cockburn would have learnt a lot or what Quinny is capable of last night and it will be extremely interesting to watch and see if they put their homework to use in the next few weeks.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Brent, As Adam Hamilton said that you not only saw a champion horse tonight but a champion driver as well. Gary Hall Jr created that position for himself and put him anywhere in the field and he drives a great race.

Agree.

People can come up with all the what, ifs they like. Fact of the matter is that the race panned out the way it did and he won.

If Jnr doesn't use him out of the gate then he's stuck 3 wide trying to slot in somewhere and there weren't too many gaps. so he's going a long way back and there's no way Quinny is coming from a long way back and running them down at that pace no matter how good he is. If Cockburn doesn't do what he did then he has the possibility of getting pocketed by the 3 wide train. As it turned out the gamble didn't pay off, Panella had them running along at such a clip that nothing was making ground on them.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    That's a risk Cockburn should have taken, as then Quinny would have been posted the trip & that devastating sprint he has would have been taken out of his legs. GHJ obviously somehow knew that nothing was going to come 3 wide to possibly pocket him in, not with Avonnova in front of him.
    I know I'm just repeating myself here BUT, do you guys really believe if Quinny was stuck in the death, he would have won or finished ahead of Avonnova? And Kev, I don't look at a horses stake money to decide wether that defines them as one of the greatest horse. Trigger always won that Inter fair and square regardless of what transpired afterwards. I would love to see Trigger and Quinny go at it again, if Trigger was in his prime. Now that's exciting!

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Lauren and young Cockburn would have learnt a lot or what Quinny is capable of last night and it will be extremely interesting to watch and see if they put their homework to use in the next few weeks.

What do you think that Lauren would do differently? She's got the horse and the draw (anywhere on the front) and she 'aint driving any differently.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Facts are facts. He wasn't 'used' off the gate, he coasted across under a hold and was gifted the death in a pedestrian 28 sec first qtr by a driver/horse who went 26.2 to hold out all challenges in the first qtr of the Len Smith mile.

That was their only chance to beat him last night Smoken, it's a precession from here IMO but should still be good viewing with the Tritton runners trying to devise a plan to beat the champ.

+ Reply to Thread