Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton PREview

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Melton PREview

Not being much of a punter nowadays, nor a form student like a lot of you guys, I may be way off the mark but hasn't the barrier draw further improved Mindarie's chances in the 3yoF final?

She can lead and will not have either of Barynya or Berisari on her back

$2.40 on TAB
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    You're spot on Kev. MP goes lengths better in front so if u were to take a line thru last weeks heat + the Vic Oaks final she is definitely at a more than fair price. If she gets a lead time in 45.5+ and a first quart in 30+ it could very well be lights out for the others.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I suppose there are 4 explanations for last weeks somewhat lack lustre finish and only 1 of the 4 is of concern
    - it was only a semi
    - she is much better in the lead
    - it was only her 2nd run after 6 wks of not racing
    - the 6 wks did not freshen her up enough and she could be a little flat
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I really like Niki No No in the 2yoF and with the draw I would be hoping that Greg Sugars can drive her a little better than last week - he asked a lot of her and she delivered but there is a little concern as to how that could affect her this week
    Maybe Miss Condoleezza at big odds from the pole for a roughie - Sugars drive on her was more economical but she does go a bit ruff under pressure and may not have the speed to use her draw for the sit
    Maybe you can forgive Lovelist one poor run last week but along with her draw this week it is a bit off-putting. Paul Humphreys did mention that she was quite late getting out onto the track
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    It will be great to see Keayang Steamer back at the track this coming Fri night. Going by a recent trial (1:56.1 for 2240) he looks to have returned in fine fettle. He won't have things all his own way what with drawing sr1 in a full field + coming up against last weeks 'eye-catcher' Jacka Clive and honest (and VERY fast) mare Gumdrops.
    Other highlights on the card IMO include the enigmatic Blitzthemcalder & the promising Upanatom.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Hope Jacka Clive continues on from his flying 2nd last start. Very good racing coming up.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    It will be great to see Keayang Steamer back at the track this coming Fri night. Going by a recent trial (1:56.1 for 2240) he looks to have returned in fine fettle. He won't have things all his own way what with drawing sr1 in a full field + coming up against last weeks 'eye-catcher' Jacka Clive and honest (and VERY fast) mare Gumdrops.
    Other highlights on the card IMO include the enigmatic Blitzthemcalder & the promising Upanatom.
    Personally Brent I'm hoping Upanatom doesn't win but that's unlikely! I too am looking forward to K. Steamer being back given glen craven has chosen him over K Cullen as his drive going forward.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just caught up with the video of those heats. I came through Melton after lunch on that day (oblivious to the fact there were trots on) and it was windy and sunny so I figure there must have been a cloudburst Nathan. Gee your bloke is racing so consistently well
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How does Seven Nations become emergency in that field? He and Coppagoodone finished 7th in their various heats but Seven was only beaten 22m while Coppa was beaten 100m. If you go on previous starts you would have to go back 5 starts before Coppa edges in front. Not a biggie I know but wondered
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I just caught up with the video of those heats. I came through Melton after lunch on that day (oblivious to the fact there were trots on) and it was windy and sunny so I figure there must have been a cloudburst Nathan. Gee your bloke is racing so consistently well
    I cant wait for the 2yo race at Bendigo on Sat - Follow The Stars v Linda Lovegrace v Field Marshal. Should be a cracking race

+ Reply to Thread