Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I buy a paint horse?

Junior Member Foal Alfie78 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alfie Stewart

Should I buy a paint horse?

I am newbie here..hi!

So me and my family are looking for a horse for me. Iv ridden 2 1/2 years about 2-3 times a week, under the instruction of my trainer.
    I'm a intermediate rider, w/t/c and can jump 2'6. I'm working on cross country and can do 18in - 2'3 out in the field. I also focus in dressage so my flat work is very good. I am currently riding a 16.1 hh thoroughbred who is 7 and retired from the race track. He is green and has his baby moments a lot. That includes.. Spooking, bucking, kicking out, bolting, and getting hot and hard to ride and handle.
    Iv learned a lot from him as all the other 20+ lesson horses I rode but I think it's time for my own.

We found a paint who we are going to be trialling very soon. Are paints good FIRST horse breed? This paint is 16.1-16.2 hands tall. He has show experience, has been used in a therapeutic riding program, can go outside and has been schooled 3ft.

Does this paint sound good? Are paints a good first horse?

We know all the costs and expenses, where we would keep him (at the barn I ride at now) how much he would get ridden ect..

Thx in advance!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good luck Alfie. I would be thinking that your trainer should be the perfect person to find the right horse for you
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Alfie78 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alfie Stewart
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Good luck Alfie. I would be thinking that your trainer should be the perfect person to find the right horse for you
    Yeah! You are right...I think so.. Thanks!

Junior Member Foal Histeland85 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Trent Long
    nothing to say but good luck keep your safety and hope you find one now soon

+ Reply to Thread