Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messenger Issues with moderation

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Messenger Issues with moderation

TC is the most heavy handed moderator in the history of forums. I dare you to put back up what you deleted of mine. How about you try contributing something to the forum instead of just deleting stuff.

The only controversial thing in my post was to tell Smoken that no matter how many times he posts the same thing he will not brainwash me.

Come on TC tell me it was not you and that you do not have a problem with me. I am trying to keep this forum ticking over and you just crucify me. No doubt this will be deleted
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Senior Member Stallion aussiebreno has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brendan Bryce
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    TC is the most heavy handed moderator in the history of forums. I dare you to put back up what you deleted of mine. How about you try contributing something to the forum instead of just deleting stuff.

The only controversial thing in my post was to tell Smoken that no matter how many times he posts the same thing he will not brainwash me.

Come on TC tell me it was not you and that you do not have a problem with me. I am trying to keep this forum ticking over and you just crucify me. No doubt this will be deleted
    Chillout brother

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=Messenger;33636]TC is the most heavy handed moderator in the history of forums.
    Thank you for that. I have a head start when moderating the threads on this forum. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is for some people to display maturity, thoughtfulness and just a little respect toward other people's feelings and opinions. Many of the same people then jump up and down when these shortcomings are pointed out to them in direct or indirect ways. As I have stated previously I make no apology for any moderation actions taken. The rules are simple. If you're registered here you signed up to them.
    I dare you to put back up what you deleted of mine.
    I do not delete posts nor take any other moderating action lightly. Nor am I drawn to dares. So on that score it's not going to happen from this end.
    How about you try contributing something to the forum instead of just deleting stuff.
    I have contributed regularly to many threads in this forum. Moderating the forum is what I now do. I try to read all posts and often supply links to factual information for posts. It has recently been suggested to me that offering a personal view on issues can sometimes cross moderation so I have opted not to offer any further personal views of issues. With many years involvement in Harness racing I am not devoid of opinion on may issues. Contributing to issues in a thoughtful manner is not the issue here of course.

It seems that you forgot to mention here that you suggested he go and start his own thread on the issue where he could post his own thoughts where you don't need to see them.. That would be doubling up the issue but more so that is a clear inference that you don't value his opinion and you don't have to see nor read it. I take that to be a post by you that is solely to devalue his contribution and opinion. It shed no light on the issue. It is clearly an attack on another's contribution. Clearly if you don't value another's opinion there are other options open to you.

Come on TC tell me it was not you
    Clearly it was me. Clearly the post is replaced with "deleted by teecee"
    and that you do not have a problem with me.
    Categorically I have no personal issue with you in a general manner nor any others who post their views on an ISSUE in a thoughtful and mature manner.
    Suggesting that people should go start their own thread on an issue already being discussed in a mature way I do have a problem with.
    Stick to the issue not the personalities and we can have a discussion similar to the very positive thread about the future of Harness racing in Oz.
    Started by you, lots of well thought out and discussed ideas ON AN ISSUE. One of the best thread on the forum and all I had to do was read, enjoy and steal some ideas.!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    TC before I belatedly reply to this may I suggest a pm in future - I am amazed that I ever found this. While on this matter, I think most people nowadays do little other than look at the Australian forum. I occasionally look at the breeding forum but often think that it would get more action if it was a topic on each of the national boards

[QUOTE=teecee;33645]
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    TC is the most heavy handed moderator in the history of forums.
    Thank you for that. I have a head start when moderating the threads on this forum. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is for some people to display maturity, thoughtfulness and just a little respect toward other people's feelings and opinions. Many of the same people then jump up and down when these shortcomings are pointed out to them in direct or indirect ways. As I have stated previously I make no apology for any moderation actions taken. The rules are simple. If you're registered here you signed up to them.

I can tell you that one of my careers was teaching for 20yrs and at first when I moved into other fields I had to be mindful of the fact that I was not dealing with children. Maybe you would like to think about that too

I dare you to put back up what you deleted of mine.
    I do not delete posts nor take any other moderating action lightly. Nor am I drawn to dares. So on that score it's not going to happen from this end.
    How about you try contributing something to the forum instead of just deleting stuff.
    I have contributed regularly to many threads in this forum. Moderating the forum is what I now do. I try to read all posts and often supply links to factual information for posts. It has recently been suggested to me that offering a personal view on issues can sometimes cross moderation so I have opted not to offer any further personal views of issues. With many years involvement in Harness racing I am not devoid of opinion on may issues. Contributing to issues in a thoughtful manner is not the issue here of course.

It seems that you forgot to mention here that you suggested he go and start his own thread on the issue where he could post his own thoughts where you don't need to see them.. That would be doubling up the issue but more so that is a clear inference that you don't value his opinion and you don't have to see nor read it. I take that to be a post by you that is solely to devalue his contribution and opinion. It shed no light on the issue. It is clearly an attack on another's contribution. Clearly if you don't value another's opinion there are other options open to you.

I do not remember saying anything about 'where I don't need to see his posts' but you could clarify that by putting up my post. I suggested he start his own thread as the original poster was clearly intending it to be a Toast to ITMQ and it became a bit of a thread about the upcoming race but Smoken had decided to make it a thread about SU being a better horse than ITMQ. Would you deny that he had made the same point in several posts? I did not think I was doing anything more than I did in the Hayesy thread - where Doinmabest was nicely farewelling a colleague but someone did not get the gist of it and I was not alone in telling him, his was a different topic. I am not into disrespecting other posters and while defending Smoken (yes Smoken!) from Brendan earlier in the thread I suggested we adopt Ash's "Chillout Brother' hence Brendan's little joke of turning it on me which you have included in this thread (I know it was a clever joke by him as he pm'd me).
    When you say 'if you don't value another's opinion there are other options open to you' it sounds passive aggressive TC. Maybe you might agree that it is easy for different individuals to read things differently

Come on TC tell me it was not you
    Clearly it was me. Clearly the post is replaced with "deleted by teecee"

I do not see any such message when posts disappear, if that was the case I would see it at the end of the Sires thread in the Breeding forum right now as the latest were deleted from there today. Like I said - pm's are good

and that you do not have a problem with me.
    Categorically I have no personal issue with you in a general manner nor any others who post their views on an ISSUE in a thoughtful and mature manner.
    Suggesting that people should go start their own thread on an issue already being discussed in a mature way I do have a problem with.

That is where we disagree - others (not you of course) pm'd me to say that the ITMQ attack was standard fair for some. I do not believe the topic of that thread is about how tough SU is and so I thought it off topic but really objected to the repetition. I know you guys hate me talking about other sports forums but it is common for people who have an agenda that they keep on banging on about to be told to give it a rest if they are not contributing anything new (generally by the moderators)

Stick to the issue not the personalities and we can have a discussion similar to the very positive thread about the future of Harness racing in Oz.
    Started by you, lots of well thought out and discussed ideas ON AN ISSUE. One of the best thread on the forum and all I had to do was read, enjoy and steal some ideas.!!
    I love harness racing and now retired I enjoy contributing to this forum but if you look closely I have endeavoured to do a little more than that - I have tried to keep it ticking over because it was grinding to a halt like the NZ board so I guess it irked/irks me that I feel you are hovering to actually hamper this. Maybe if we pm'd each other in future no such misunderstanding would occur. I do however think I may have been scarred by the time you actually did pm me and seriously told me 'posters have been banned for less' after I joked "Are you an Essendon supporter TC?" in the Cobalt thread.
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-17-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

Senior Member Stallion aussiebreno has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brendan Bryce
    Kev, top left corner of screen it says new posts. Use that and it comes up with the new posts from every part of the forum since you last logged in. Don't miss a thing that way.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good tip Brendan - thanks

+ Reply to Thread