Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant Horse Naming

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Remember a T-bred one few years back. Was in the now closed Post Office Hotel one lunchtime. Always looked at first starters and see if names related to breeding. Don't remember mares name but had wife suggestions in it... 'Bride' something or 'Other half' something I think. Do remember laughing so much could hardly breath when saw horse name and wondering how it got through.

Race started and caller mentioned horses name and you could hear his voice change as soon as he said it. Whole pub in fits...

Horse name changed after first start.

Don't recall new name but old one...

TORQUES HIT

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Another around same time BARGRIT.

And the fella who bought a share in a horse but hadn't told his wife. Rest of syndicate named it AVENUE TOLDA.

And of course the greyhound NORMA STITZ.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    There's a dishlicker going around in Perth at the moment called Jabba The Pup which I quite like.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Don't Tell Hillary & Devilinabluedress...both by Presidential Ball. Others were Clinton's Cigar, Hillary Is A Dog and Unwanted Stain.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    A Bathurst pacer some years ago was named Anaratta Detoor ! It only took one start before it had a name change. Clue: a locality near Bathust.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Torques Hit and Avenue Tolda had me laughing tears Paul
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    A Bathurst pacer some years ago was named Anaratta Detoor ! It only took one start before it had a name change. Clue: a locality near Bathust.
    Tipping it wasnt named after Toby Inwood

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...9071404&ms=nsw

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Always a Virgin is about to have some pearlers! Whoseme father, dontknocktilutry and Busted (out of I'm sneaky) are just a few of the ones that caught my eye so far. The Yankee galloper Hoof Hearted is a cracker I think.
    For those familiar with Wagga will understand a greyhound name that my mates owned, Action at Saxons (not sure of spelling but something of the sort) I think it is named along similar lines to Lees Bathurst one.
    Gotashotaway was another well named horse with a good story behind it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I think there's a difference between clever names and just plain dumb names and looking at the fields at times we have a fair share of the latter. Used to be a pacer racing in Perth many years ago named Fish and Chips......how dumb is that?
    A horse is a majestic animal and it deserves a name befitting. Some favourite names of mine include Tattered n Torn, Bridge of Friendship, Divide and Rule, The Persian Tiger, Paragon Of Virtue, Vain, Cap d'Antibes, Iga Ninja, Starglow, Starcraft the list goes on and all the names mentioned are gallopers from the past. The old saying is ''you never see a champion with a dumb name.''
    We have a thread for these too Rod - Facepalm Names just below
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    My favourite name is the ill-fated Perth galloper Gilded Venom ( Golden Snake - Daughters Charm ).

+ Reply to Thread