Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Claimers

Junior Member Weanling dmac43 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dannie McKinnon

Claimers

Just wanted to share our positive experience in purchasing a claimer.
    We claimed Washmepockets nearly 8 months ago. We were after a horse who could run regularly and pay his way. I have always loved the horses consistency.
    Since claiming him we have had a city win and 8 placings. He has paid all his own bills and is well on his way to repaying his purchase price. We are a group of work mates and love the fun of having a runner nearly every friday night.
    The dropback rules is a huge plus for these horses paying their way.
    Out of interest, is their any horse this season had more than 10 3rds for the season? Washmepockets has run 10 which I thonk would be hard to beat.

Cheers

Dmac

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac43 View Post
    Just wanted to share our positive experience in purchasing a claimer.
    We claimed Washmepockets nearly 8 months ago. We were after a horse who could run regularly and pay his way. I have always loved the horses consistency.
    Since claiming him we have had a city win and 8 placings. He has paid all his own bills and is well on his way to repaying his purchase price. We are a group of work mates and love the fun of having a runner nearly every friday night.
    The dropback rules is a huge plus for these horses paying their way.
    Out of interest, is their any horse this season had more than 10 3rds for the season? Washmepockets has run 10 which I thonk would be hard to beat.

Cheers

Dmac

He's a beauty Dannie! Great to have one that's a chance nearly every time he goes around. Good luck with him!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I've not owned a horse in Australia. I've owned numerous in the States with former work colleagues, mostly all claimers. The Claimers are great. We're no closer now than 20 years ago of "getting it" here. The Yanks have a more realistic view of their horses.

Washmepockets is a beauty. Congrats !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Dannie, I suppose my only reservation would be that if you put him back in a claimers there is a fair chance he (or any fair claimer for that matter) may be claimed and I feel for any horse that changes stables too often. Big credits to your work gang for not just enjoying the entertainment but for providing it through ownership
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Dannie, I suppose my only reservation would be that if you put him back in a claimers there is a fair chance he (or any fair claimer for that matter) may be claimed and I feel for any horse that changes stables too often. Big credits to your work gang for not just enjoying the entertainment but for providing it through ownership
    Kev I understand your concerns, but its better that they change stables and get a feed and looked after, than the alternative for some.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So true - you have allayed my concerns considerably Jack
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Another great run tonight Dannie. Good luck in the final!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Another great run tonight Dannie. Good luck in the final!
    Gee you struck a tough one tomorrow night Paul
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling dmac43 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dannie McKinnon
    Thanks Paul. From 8 he always is a place chance. Good luck tonight, hopefully he gives some cheek

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    There's only 2 Interdom finalists in it and Luke tells me the 2 times we've met Keayang Cullen we beat him home! He's an optimist. I'll be happy if we don't get lapped!

+ Reply to Thread