Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Name and shame

aussiebreno
    Was an interesting read.

With so many <5 we can assume the natural reading is pretty low?

I think I read one jurisdiction has a threshold of 100 so could assume anything over 100 was given a dose?

The odd ones are higher double figures. These horses have high natural levels? In the feed ala what Mick Hardy tried to use as an excuse? Given a low dose? Tested at a bad time and the reading went down?

aussiebreno
    P.S you would think HRNSW release would get the name of the NSW Oaks winner Shes A Runa correct. Not Sheza Runner.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Have a look at the couple of r nicksons over2000 its a wonder their still alive

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Going by the report 200mg seems way to generous could have it as low as 50mg

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Had 2 swabs in that period but names not up there interesting ot worrying both were blood swabs taken as she wouldn't give urine sample , maybe cobalt levels can only be found in urine samples

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    There is a month of results missing from the 17/3 to 23/4

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been crazy enough to correlate those numbers. I wish I could have copied the table directly to Excel but I at least do not know how to so I have done it somewhat roughly by data entry. My time is too precious to worry about decimals so anything after a decimal point has been ignored (ie I have lowered down) and all the entries stated to be <5 have been tabulated to be 3. I figure this to be a good enough tabulation

The reason I did it is that I think this is a huge issue

Of the 566 entries/swabs
    212 are under 5
    384 are under 10 (ie nearly 68% or over 2/3rds)
    486 are under 20
    512 are under 30 (ie 90% of swabbed horses)
    528 are under 50
    540 are under 80

Even with 5 entries > 1000, the Average is still only 38.4

We want a clean sport, I would like to see instant suspension and disqualification remain at 100
    BUT also investigation of any reading over 30 ie the stewards to monitor these horses feed etc.
    and advise trainers how to lower their readings to below 30 and if this does not appear possible for an individual horse or two, then they are entered on a register.
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-17-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: added %'s
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am worried that 30 ug/l may even be too high. We really need to swab more horses - whole fields sometimes so that we have a guage as to how potent Cobalt is.

We do not know how many losers are going around with 30mg in their system

Have some of these winners with 25 or less in their system still got a big advantage over the ordinary horse who has under 10 (over 2/3 of horses it would seem)

Do we want to see all trainers needing to add cobalt or buy cobalt enriched feed to have a level playing field?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I sent an email to admin@hrnsw.com.au asking for an excel file of the data. They said they had one but for security couldn't give it to me. Fair enough I guess. But from the time I sent the email to the admin address it had been forwarded to Reid Sanders who replied to me in quick time. Keeping in mind I'm not a licenced person and should be down the bottom of priorities for those at HRNSW, the response time from Reid yesterday, and the response time I've received from Adam Fairley in the past is top notch. Well done guys.

I think with such huge outliers from Rhys Nicholson etc, the average is misleading. If you used the median you would get a more accurate indication of normal levels. Using your numbers 566 entires makes median 283. There is 212 under 5 and 384 under 10 so the median would fall between 5 and 10. That's a significant difference to the average.

+ Reply to Thread