Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Well Said Mitch!!!

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    I remember, as a kid growing up in this industry, waiting all year for the inters. Saturday, tuesday and Saturday, doing the points while listening on the radio or watching it on the ABC, i think. You just dont get that interest now, with the current format. It is still a great race to watch, but it is not the inters as i remember them. There really was nothing wrong with the old format. I think it was just hijacked by some people who were of the belief it was dying in its former format. Was not the case. As for where it is held. I dont have a problem with it at Menangle, it is the best venue to showcase this wonderful code and animal.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Stick a fork in NZ. What is it, 8 horses in 2 years ?

I made two trips to WA from Sydney a few years ago for their ID, loved it.

I've been to Gloucester Park quite a few times since, when I'm in WA for business and even on "ordinary" Friday nights there's a buzz there that you don't get anywhere else in Australia.

Firstly there's a crowd and secondly they're knowledgeable. Perhaps it's because thoroughbred racing isn't as dominant in WA as NSW and VIC ?

A mix of WA and NSW, returning to the original format.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place

Wow

just saw WA's offer to run the next set of Inters in WA after NSW and its gunna be tough to beat.Im talkin big big prize money!!!!!!Not sayin till its official!! and good luck if you know more!!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit

Cool Interdominion

Apparently The Interdom is heading back to Western Australia, More to come folks.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Apparently The Interdom is heading back to Western Australia, More to come folks.
    Stupid idea...

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    They are talking of making it the richest race in the world and reverting to the old format of three heats and a final. That would mean a race for $1,000,000+. Bring it on I say

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    GP must be an amazing track or have something special.. It may be the palm trees..

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    They are talking of making it the richest race in the world and reverting to the old format of three heats and a final. That would mean a race for $1,000,000+. Bring it on I say
    Agreed, surely that would get our local media's attention and stimulate some non industry interest in the game?

Totally agree with reverting to the old format as well, IMO the format being run at Sydney is not working in any way shape or form.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Stupid idea...
    Ash, if Ray Chaplin is right (see 'Why has HRA not supported ...' thread) Gloucester Park is the only place that has still got pulling power
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread