Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great summary Glen.
    I think your Sunday arvo idea is good but would that make the heat a bigger factor? How late can we hold an Inter? Would a late Mar final give a better chance of temperate weather?
    It would be interesting to see stats on half mile Inter tracks and to compare them to 1200+ stats.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    If the I.D. returns to Perth I wouldn't be surprised if the track is increased ( hopefully ) to 1000 metres as well. They were talking about the track 12 months or so back. Don't think a 1200 metre track is feasible without major infrastructure change. Sunday final great idea around about 5pm local time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Kev, what do you think the chances are of a 1000 metre track if Perth gets the I.D.?

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just went back and had a look at the quality of the fields the last time the ID was in Perth......YUCK! And that was still with a million $ final. Sure, it may be more $$ this time round but who's to say the quality improves??
    I don't have the answers to returning the ID to its glory days, but I'm not sure locking in a deal for 3 years with Perth where there's the possibility we watch 2nd rate FFA horses go round is the right track to go down.......or am I being 'glass half empty' again??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hard to say Brent. How did Qld attract such good horses for mere $50k and $100k races?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Great summary Glen.
    I think your Sunday arvo idea is good but would that make the heat a bigger factor? How late can we hold an Inter? Would a late Mar final give a better chance of temperate weather?
    It would be interesting to see stats on half mile Inter tracks and to compare them to 1200+ stats.
    Cheers Kevin.
    The heat will be a massive factor morning noon or night. I remember by 8pm on the Monday round of heats in 2012 it was still 35 degrees. If they are condidering a round of heats at Pinjarra they can't be concerned because Pinjarra doesn't have lights.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Hard to say Brent. How did Qld attract such good horses for mere $50k and $100k races?
    Quinny, Chilli, Sauve Stuey & Mach Beauty........that's a far cry from comparing putting together 3-4 inter heats followed by an at least half respectable consolation.
    Just a bit worried Kev. I don't want to see a consolation the likes of 2012 (with all due respect to their connections)
    1 HAS THE ANSWERS
    2 ROCKET REIGN NZ
    3 SNEAKYN DOWN UNDER NZ
    4 DASHER VC NZ
    5 DAVID HERCULES
    6 CROMAC JOHNNY NZ
    7 WRONGLY ACCUSED
    8 HESA BUZZIN
    9 LIGHTNING RAIDER NZ

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Brent obviously you are entitled to your opinion but to call a ID Final Yuk that included I'm Themightquinn, Smoken Up, Mr Feelgood and Auckland Reactor is extremely disrespectful.

Your reference to the Consolation is also disrespectful when you consider that those nine horses won $4.9m in stake money between them. By process of elimination through any series racing a few did get to not get to the Consolation and a few average horses did make it.

Would be interesting to hear if others thought the quality was "Yuk".

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Read my post again Ray and don't put words in my mouth. "FIELDS", that's all heats +. The final of course was littered with stars.
    If that's the quality of consolation your happy with, fine, that's your prerogative/opinion. I wouldn't watch nor would I record it.....and no, that's not disrespectful, it's a choice/opinion.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    I will agree that the supporting program was nothing special although horses like Lombo Pocket Watch and I'm Victorious did compete.

A racing purist would also tell that the supporting races on Melbourne Cup Day are usually nothing special.

I also agree that if WA were to secure the inters they would have to put some effort into ensuring that there is depth in the program.

+ Reply to Thread