Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Interdominion

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Hey Rod,I mentioned a bit on the other thread.But from what I understand so far is that if WA get the Inter's that they(RWWA) a keen to run a set of heats at Pinjarra for the 1st series and also put lighting at that track.If all goes well that they would do the same at Bunbury the following year..come from some round the table discussions so nothing set in concrete.
    That sounds fantastic Kevin if it comes off.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    TC any chance of merging this into the Interdom thread
    my thoughts exactly

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I took a couple of flights to Perth in 2012 for the 3 Heats and Final and I had a fantastic time. It was a great series. It pains me to say it but the best racing in Australia is in WA. No track in Australia can match Gloucester Park for atmosphere and it's a very knowledgeable crowd.

I sincerely hope a Sprint Lane isn't in order. What a disaster that would be. Don't mess with it, make improvements sure but don't stick a cheats lane in.

Sunday final, no thanks to that as well. Harness Racing in a night sport, it's at its very best under lights. It just isn't the same during the day. I've been to the 2 Finals at Menangle and Gloucester Park before it. Chalk and Cheese.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Saturday night final would be far better and then take off home the next day.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree with you guys about the appeal of a night final and to cater for an eastern states audience I guess 8pm would be early/late enough. (They do have daylight savings over there don't they?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I agree with you guys about the appeal of a night final and to cater for an eastern states audience I guess 8pm would be early/late enough. (They do have daylight savings over there don't they?)
    No daylight savings in W.A. Kev.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Before Tabcorp took control of Harness Racing in NSW and VIC feature races were always on nearer 10pm.

WA should schedule an Interdominion for WA.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Before Tabcorp took control of Harness Racing in NSW and VIC feature races were always on nearer 10pm.

WA should schedule an Interdominion for WA.
    Totally agree Bob, Already got a few starters for a trip across.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    No daylight savings in W.A. Kev.
    Surely they can wangle that too Rod
    Cannot have it on at 8 over there and 11 over here
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Do you turn into a pumpkin after 10pm Kevin ?

In 2012 (March 2nd) the ID Final was Race 7. I guess that would of been near midnight on the East Coast and the Kiwi's no longer support the Interdomion concept so forget them.

They should want to replicate that series, despite the naysayers. The build up to the final that night was electric. I've been to the Jug twice and quite a few Pace nights and Hambo days at the Meadowlands and all the big meets at Yonkers (I lived very close to Yonkers) and it bettered them.

The 3 x 4 Heats of 9 runners off the front and same for the final worked. The barrier draw is huge at Gloucester Park but by the final heats and then the final the draw was less of an issue. Look at the ID heats this year, all of them were dominated by the draw.

7 beat 5 and 2 in 2012. Can Return Fire at a 1000-1 ran 5th beaten 10m from 8. Mr Feelgood led from the pole and cracked likewise Auckland Reactor who got outside the leader cheaply.

+ Reply to Thread