Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Coloured Horses

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Watsons Creamy Mare

The iron mare and Inter-dom champion Evicus was from a coloured mare.

Milky Way, the dam of Evicus and at least 5 Classic winners was from Watsons Cream mare.

Evicus
    Date of Birth 1929 Sex F Born In AUS
    Family A702 - Milky Way
    Mile Rate 2:13.4 Earnings -
    Classic Relations 5 Siblings, 0 Offspring
    Notes Career: 364 34 - 50 - 42. Won 34 races (11 - Elphin (Tas); 6 - Elwick (Tas); 4 - Harold Park (NSW); 2 - Carrick (Tas), new Ascot (Vic), Mowbray (Tas), Richmond (NSW); 1 - Ashburton (NZ), Avoca (Tas), Deloraine (Tas), Ascot (Tas), Victoria Park (NSW)). Ran second to New Derby in two way time trial (race timed 2:02 3/4)

Watsons Creamy Mare
    189- - A702 Untraced sire (Aust)

There's a story from Trove here:
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/a...0interdominion
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-03-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed link

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Noel, you had me excited that I might find more for Milky Way had a couple of Cream fillies who then had a couple of Cream fillies but after that the milk ran out
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Tasmanian family Kev. Prefer beer to milk.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good one
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oh yes
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is clearly so
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks so very, very much Trevor, for years I have never been able to find him - Beachway, I knew it was a compound word with a space but was thinking Bee
    Now that I finally have a name, when I get back to the Gap, I will now be able to look up his performances in the Year Books
    You described his hind leg action perfectly
    I am finally back home!

Beachway

3yo: debuted late in his 3yo year on July 28 at Bolivar SA and finished 12th of 14 in a 3yo Stand. His only start for the season
    4yo: following on from his 3yo debut, 3 more SA starts in August and September - All LAST and that was all we saw of him as a 4yo. Of course we have no way of knowing if he was struggling or if it was manners
    5yo: 1 only start in a TROT at Bolivar again on June 6 (1972) for last once more
    6yo: 1 only start in a TROT at Gawler on March 20 for last once more
    7yo: Back to pacing and he wins his first race at 7, misses out next start then wins 4 in a row. His season's record ends up, a very impressive 14-7-4-0. He did a couple of quick back ups winning at Mildura one time and 2nd there in the Northern Region Championship behind 5 times Showgrounds winner Aerogram. He had one start at the Showgrounds on November 17, 1974 finishing 2nd - I must have been there!
    8yo: only 1 start in the last month of the season, finishing last at Globe Derby
    9yo: 7 SA starts for 3 placings
    10yo: 6 SA starts with the first a win at Globe Derby on a Saturday night
    11yo: 8 starts all Saturday nights at Globe Derby with 1 win and 2 placings

The 1978 Year Book is the last that I have, so I don't know whether he raced as a 12yo

I find it incredible that he only raced at the Melbourne Showgrounds once (2nd) and yet left such an impression on me
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know she finished last of 6 in the 2yo maiden at Bendigo tonight
    but Skewbald filly Shikoba on that time is capable of ending a run of 3 winless skewbald dams in her pedigree
    She has already been the first to make it to the races
    You have to go back to the 6th dam to find a bay mare who made it to the races (and she won)

It would be nice to see the dedicated fan of coloured horses - Kerrie Hymers, breed the first skewbald winner for this experiment started by the Fliedners of NSW

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC19072207
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I know she finished last of 6 in the 2yo maiden at Bendigo tonight
    but Skewbald filly Shikoba on that time is capable of ending a run of 3 winless skewbald dams in her pedigree
    She has already been the first to make it to the races
    You have to go back to the 6th dam to find a bay mare who made it to the races (and she won)

It would be nice to see the dedicated fan of coloured horses - Kerrie Hymers, breed the first skewbald winner for this experiment started by the Fliedners of NSW

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC19072207
    Check out the pedigree of the filly's dam Calico Cat. Crosses of my old mate Snowtime, who you'll find in the pedigree of most coloured standardbreds, on both sides of her pedigree four generations back. Throw in the grey stallion Laag, you're almost assured of getting a splash of colour.

http://https://www.harness.org.au/au...edigree/591312

The mare has now had six foals, all fillies and all coloured. And all by American stallions but Shikoba the only won to race so far.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here is a beauty
    Airlie Beach = Cattlewash x Sweet Lilyfire

Edit: Having searched high and low for this foal, I now belatedly provide the link (Answer- she is from Ireland)

https://harnesslink.com/uk-ire/pinto...e-at-racetime/
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-26-2023 at 01:49 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread