Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth a thread- Palais de Louvre

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon

Lightbulb Worth a thread- Palais de Louvre

Get on Palais De Louvre good thing from one.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Get on Palais De Louvre good thing from one.
    Hope you're right!! Drawn 1 and led there a few times before and got beaten up sprint lane every time.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sooooooo Close Paul. I thought Australia's best named horse had got up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Hope you're right!! Drawn 1 and led there a few times before and got beaten up sprint lane every time.
    Wow close guys!
    Missed by a bees knee!
    Nearly got a "sprint lane revenge" there Paul!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Close at it gets. He gave us chance to yell our heads off again. We happy.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    You know what I think mate... love that brave little horse of yours... time to get the photo finish camera recalibrated me thinks!!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It does not seem right for Palais to be beaten by a Larrakeyah mare when he is the sole advertisement going for Safe and Sound. He is pretty much the only thing keeping U313 going too Paul - that is until his siblings hit the track

U313's from the past include Norms Daughter, Just Too Good, Uncle Joe, Walla Walla
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    He's got 3 siblings Kev and one hopefully on the way soon. He was the mares first.

The second a filly by Life Sign. Born just after sunset. First thing did was touch electric fence. For sure fried part of her brain! She nearly made races. Scratched from first race and that was it. Didn't want her bringing shame on the family! Stuck with the Mona Lisa naming with her. They say painting has 'Life' like smile. So called her Gheradini (supposedly the lady the painting is of). Waste of a good name! Should have stuck with original choice - Mrs Nuckenfutz.

Then 2yo filly by Bettors. Had couple setbacks but goes along ok. No hurry. Figure Mona Lisa names not work for fillies. So take different tack. She got freezbrand with VVV. Cracked up when saw it. Met 'triplev' from forum on trip Sydney. Converts to 777. 3 x 7s on an old one arm bandit meant you hit the jackpot. Goes by the term trip sevens. So name was easy. TRIP SEVENS (a bettors delight!).

And a yearling by Rocknroll Heaven. He's a nice looking beast. Big as his mum. With the big arse like his brother. And a 'Western Hanover' white sock that he is a perfect aim with. Not named yet. I spent my 'wasted youth' listening to "Bat Out Of Hell". That was RocknRoll Heaven to me. His mums (The Perfect Mona) name also sounds like 'The Perfect Moaner'. After performance at AFL Grand Final few years back thought had his name. But trainer said no way he training a horse called MEATLOAF!!

Would love another Palais Du Louvre. Had all the ups and downs and thrills and disappointments and injuries and comebacks with him. Nearly 8 years since he born here and been a wonderful adventure for me and Luke and all connected. Dunno where came from. U313, Safe and Sound? Who knows? Me thinks mostly from him wanting to do it and the hard work and commitment of our trainer.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Paul you have a real talent for naming horses but I am glad the second foal did not make it to the races with her original choice of name

ps Palais is a wonderful advertisement for Leigh Miles ability
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    This is a new thread generated for researching the posts not deserving of a thread.
    There are a collection of these non deserving posts which in themselves have made up a thread/threads.
    I will be combining posts on this thread to see how many threadless posts have been made which do end up making worthwhile threads and whether they should be made into thread earlier for ease of reading.
    Naturally there are one off posts which do clearly fit into the character and spirit of the one or two off posts not deserving a thread and this should not be considered an end to this worthwhile, I think addition to the board...The posts not worthy of a thread.
    TeeCee

+ Reply to Thread