Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worth a thread- Palais de Louvre

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Well done Paul, fantastic run tonight! Love to have a horse like him!

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Bloody Marvellous Paul,another great win,Leigh Miles take a huge bow!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    TC will have to combine the 2 Palais threads we have running (the other includes this gem)

"Stewards opened an inquiry into an injury sustained by Palais Du Louvres owner during the 66th replay of the tab.com.au pace at 2am Saturday morning. The owner could only provide a hazy recollection of events. He stated that when going for a run between the couch and the recliner on the way to the fridge for another beer he commenced to hang in and contacted the coffee table causing him to become unbalanced and gallop for a few strides.

A subsequent examination revealed bruising to the nearside front. The owner has been stood down from future engagements until a certificate of soundness is produced."

It will be interesting to see if the owner has to front the stewards again
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Congratulations Paul. Good to see you enjoying the thrills that this sport can provide.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thanks everyone. That was just magic! A huge, huge thrill. Cannot be any prouder of Yun and Leigh. And what a super, super drive.

Leigh has done an unbelievable job with him. Had lots of problems but Leighs dedication and hard work kept him going. You won't find anyone better.

The coffee table had been moved by time I got into the house tonight. The replay count is leading the beer count at the moment... but not for long!! Hope am not swabbed in morning!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I take it that the owner produced a certificate of soundness prior to yesterday's performance.
    Is there any word on whether he is now to return to the trials (or the kitchen) due any further unruly (or unbalanced efforts) following yesterday's efforts by his wonderful horse?

If so he needs to be careful the horse does not disown him. After all that's what owners often do to their unruly horses.!!

Congrats Paul and Co.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Well done again Paul. And to Leigh who is indeed a very good trainer who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Hope you both have a massive hangover.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thanks teecee!!

10ml of bute and a day off Friday definitely helped. I was still a bit scratchy Saturday but passed fit to run after being trotted up the driveway Sunday morning. Addition of a lugging pole and a set of spreaders definitely helped with the hanging problem last night (I'm told).

Thanks Nathan and yes massive hangover for me. Not Leigh though. He had horses to work this morning.

I took the easy way out and rang in crook.
    Was asked "Sickness, injury, etc?"
    Said is there a box to tick that says 'All of the above'?
    "No but there is one that says 'Other'".
    Yep other is good, tick other.
    "Now I need to put a reason next to it".
    OK put 'Still too pissed to drive....'

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Thanks teecee!!

10ml of bute and a day off Friday definitely helped. I was still a bit scratchy Saturday but passed fit to run after being trotted up the driveway Sunday morning. Addition of a lugging pole and a set of spreaders definitely helped with the hanging problem last night (I'm told).

Thanks Nathan and yes massive hangover for me. Not Leigh though. He had horses to work this morning.

I took the easy way out and rang in crook.
    Was asked "Sickness, injury, etc?"
    Said is there a box to tick that says 'All of the above'?
    "No but there is one that says 'Other'".
    Yep other is good, tick other.
    "Now I need to put a reason next to it".
    OK put 'Still too pissed to drive....'
    Breeders Crown traditionally the end of season grand final. Does Mad Monday count as an excuse?

Congratulations! Go Yun!!!

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Well done paul,do yourself and the horse a favour and leave ellen on. Far better and smarter driver.

+ Reply to Thread