Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It Is I

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

It Is I

Does this stallion still stand at Mountain View stud - he is not listed on the HRA's stallion page. Notched up 2 winners at Melton tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Kevin, this stallion was given away for free by Mountain view because of his poor fertility . He was thought to be sterile . I have heard that his new owner put him in the paddock with his mares and he got most of them in foal. I have also heard he will be serving a few mares this season.
    I saw the "Free to good home" add on the "Trading Ring" myself so I know that is true. As for the rest, it came from reliable sources but I can't guarantee it .
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Rick, sounds like It Is I pulled a shifty and got his own paddock and harem to cover naturally
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Do you remember It is I racing Kev??? He was a pretty smart performer and I'm pretty sure that he came back from a broken leg and won a few more races.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-27-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I still believe if he gets out he beats Be Good Johnny in the miracle mile. Beautiful pacer, tonnes of speed just plagued by injury. Would have been a demon on Menangle.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I remember that one clearly Grant as I backed him, The 2 leaders tore out of the gate and he had trouble with the first corner and i was hoping he could leave BGJ posted, But not to be, Very good horse.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was during one of my periods away from the game Rich but I am trying to find a replay.
    I have even fired off an 'ASK SAM' to find out why the NSW site does not have an honour roll like the Vic site - where you can see replays of their Gp 1 races
    Even if they only have them for the last decade like Vic has - that MM just falls in
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Kevin, this stallion was given away for free by Mountain view because of his poor fertility . He was thought to be sterile . I have heard that his new owner put him in the paddock with his mares and he got most of them in foal. I have also heard he will be serving a few mares this season.
    I saw the "Free to good home" add on the "Trading Ring" myself so I know that is true. As for the rest, it came from reliable sources but I can't guarantee it .
    Yeah that is mostly right Rick. The horse did go sterile and at one stage was given away to a young guy who tried putting him the paddock with some mares however I'm not aware that he got any in foal or even if they were registered. Would have to check the stallion records with hrv. He is however now owned by former trainer David Murphy who has said he would like to try and put him in the paddock with some of his own mares and see what happens. It is a shame because he is getting some nice horses around from book of mares that were not 'a grade' quality.
    As for his performance on the track, Rich and Grant, that miracle mile was the only time he missed a place in his career and he was very unlucky. He didn't break his leg rich but after winning 5/5 as a 2yo he got an infection in a rear fetlock that he almost died from, started his 3yo season late as a result and won his first 4 before got beaten in Vic derby, mainly because he was behind the eight ball fitness wise. He then won Caduseus cup the week later but bowed his tendon in the race. Won a legends mile when he came back, 4th in miracle mile, 2nd in another legends mile and melton plate(to Robin Hood) and broke down again.
    My involvement with the murphys over many years I've seen some very good horses but he was the best in my opinion and could have been anything but for injury/illness.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great info thanks Nathan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread