Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It Is I

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    Yeah that is mostly right Rick. The horse did go sterile and at one stage was given away to a young guy who tried putting him the paddock with some mares however I'm not aware that he got any in foal or even if they were registered. Would have to check the stallion records with hrv. He is however now owned by former trainer David Murphy who has said he would like to try and put him in the paddock with some of his own mares and see what happens. It is a shame because he is getting some nice horses around from book of mares that were not 'a grade' quality.
    As for his performance on the track, Rich and Grant, that miracle mile was the only time he missed a place in his career and he was very unlucky. He didn't break his leg rich but after winning 5/5 as a 2yo he got an infection in a rear fetlock that he almost died from, started his 3yo season late as a result and won his first 4 before got beaten in Vic derby, mainly because he was behind the eight ball fitness wise. He then won Caduseus cup the week later but bowed his tendon in the race. Won a legends mile when he came back, 4th in miracle mile, 2nd in another legends mile and melton plate(to Robin Hood) and broke down again.
    My involvement with the murphys over many years I've seen some very good horses but he was the best in my opinion and could have been anything but for injury/illness.
    Thanks for the correction Nathan, Must have been reading about another horse. No doubt what so ever about his ability and i hope it works out for David.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-28-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Junior Member Yearling Zanzi_Bromac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Devereux
    Horses
    Time Capsule, Kimmywho
    It is I certainly could have been anything barring injury.

His win over Sokyola in the legends mile is most memorable for mine. His sprint was unbelievable.

Nathan, what's your top 5 from the Murphy stables? How do you rate Pass the Mustard?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Glad you brought him up Adam, He was another Fav of mine.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzi_Bromac View Post

His win over Sokyola in the legends mile is most memorable for mine. His sprint was unbelievable.

Nathan, what's your top 5 from the Murphy stables? How do you rate Pass the Mustard?
    Hi Adam, I'll have to have a think about it but Pass the Mustard would be high up the order. Unfortunately Zanzi Bromac probably won't make the top 5!

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    the few of his progeny I have seen are pretty good types - I have a young mare who goes super but is a moody ####..just about ready for fast work again hopefully she's grown up a bit this time in

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by HISGEN65 View Post
    the few of his progeny I have seen are pretty good types - I have a young mare who goes super but is a moody ####..just about ready for fast work again hopefully she's grown up a bit this time in
    James, Clear you inbox mate.

Junior Member Yearling Zanzi_Bromac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Devereux
    Horses
    Time Capsule, Kimmywho
    Haha, what about top 50?

Interested to see where you rate It Is I, By My Side and Pass The Mustard.

I've always watched Murphys horses, my family has had a few with him over the time (Im Stayinalive, Ip Gameofchance, Zanzi Bromac, Foldem) but certainly none that would make your top 5!

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    James, Clear you inbox mate.
    done bud

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Welcome back mate
    Last edited by Richard prior; 08-08-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzi_Bromac View Post

Hi Adam, I've had a think about it and wrote down a top ten for you. The more I thought about it the more I thought how lucky I've been to have been around so many nice horses over the years. I've excluded Vanderport who would be the best performed horse the murphys have had but I was only a tiny boy when he raced.

1. It is I
    2. Pass the mustard
    3. By my side
    4. Galway
    5-10 in no particular order
    Adare
    Oh Carolina
    Fawlty
    Courtygaz
    Fly the coup
    Skipper trust

There's been lots of others too but I had to draw a line somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread