Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ABC Qld Heat Stewards Penalties

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit

Lightbulb ABC Qld Heat Stewards Penalties

Bart Cockburn got 8 weeks for his drive on Bling it On last night at AP.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Bart Cockburn got 8 weeks for his drive on Bling it On last night at AP.
    Forgot about watching it last night just check results first half in 68.7, fm they wouldn't go that slow in trackwork they both should have got 8 weeks. What an embarrassment for the sport to have 2 horses of that quality race like that, regradless of it being a 2 horse race.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Jack, Dixon should have got the same holiday or more as he was driving the leader after all and was responsible for setting the pace.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Dixon gets charged with setting an excessively slow pace & Cockburn gets charged with not giving his horse the best chance to win (basically).
    The excessively slow pace rule was put in place to guarantee drivers following that they wouldn't have to bust their horses to try & force the pace.
    I think Cockburn should have protested. He's well within his rights & this rule is yet to be tested under protest.( that I know of ).
    Cockburn IMO did nothing wrong.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Dixon gets charged with setting an excessively slow pace & Cockburn gets charged with not giving his horse the best chance to win (basically).
    The excessively slow pace rule was put in place to guarantee drivers following that they wouldn't have to bust their horses to try & force the pace.
    I think Cockburn should have protested. He's well within his rights & this rule is yet to be tested under protest.( that I know of ).
    Cockburn IMO did nothing wrong.
    your got to be joking if bling it on not good enough to sit outside that horse in a 2 horse race running a first half in 2-3 then get back home in 57-56 I'll eat my hat.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    your got to be joking if bling it on not good enough to sit outside that horse in a 2 horse race running a first half in 2-3 then get back home in 57-56 I'll eat my hat.
    What sort of sauce would you like with your hat ? Dixon's horse is obviously pretty good . Didn't he come from behind Bling It On and run him to a head/neck in the Derby . Pretty serious horse ?

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    So if u owned bling it on u be happy for him to sit up in a 2 horse race like that with first half on 68.7 get real

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Trish, I'm going to retract my earlier comment as I think that Dixon deserved the harsher penalty but there's always a risk of these slow early fractions in these silly 2 horse affairs, No doubt that both horses are very classy.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    So if u owned bling it on u be happy for him to sit up in a 2 horse race like that with first half on 68.7 get real
    Hi Jack . Bling It On sat outside Ya Ya's Hot Spot and couldn't run past him . He was beaten . No one knows what would have happened but the slow sectional rule was there to protect him from having to do anything . To answer your question , I would have been happy for him to sit there knowing he's been vulnerable in the death before . He may have been driving to instruction . Harvey might clear that up for us .

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hi Trish, I'm going to retract my earlier comment as I think that Dixon deserved the harsher penalty but there's always a risk of these slow early fractions in these silly 2 horse affairs, No doubt that both horses are very classy.

Always Richard. Lets face it both these top horses will be contesting the semi finals & probably the final. I certainly wouldn't sack Bart for his drive & IMO didn't deserve
    questioning , let alone time.

+ Reply to Thread