Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Back closer to the thread topic

Im The Boss and Julian going around in the first at Cranbourne at 5.19
    Has he appealed?
    He'd be mad not to, as will Bart, seriously guys in a 2 horse, he is driving one that has finished in sub 26 before and was entitled to think he could run down the leader, as for Grant Dixon, he did everything in his power to win the race ( which, by the way folks is his PRIMARY job) and gets fined for doing so.

I despise the slow sectionals rule because it wants you to hand the race on a platter to the OTHER horses, not the one you are supposed to be trying to win on!!!

Both the suspension and the fine are an indication of the quality of the rules we have in place and the some of people who administer those rules.

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    As the managing owner of Bling It On, I feel the need to respond so that everyone knows where we stand.

1. I have never met nor spoken to Bart Cockburn in my life so have no reason to defend him.
    2. I think Bart was dealt with in an extremely harsh manner.
    3. We were very disappointed that BIO was beaten, but had no issue with the drive.
    4. It was a 2 horse race. Alleluia was driven to beat BIO. Had Bart gone to sit outside Alleluia at an earlier stage, Grant would have just turned the heat on earlier as there was no danger of being swamped by another runner getting a good trip.
    5. Personally, I would have actually preferred Bart sat in behind Alleluia until the top of the straight and then use BIO's extreme speed to get over the top of Alleluia.
    6. if we had drawn 1, I would expect BIO would have been driven in the exact same fashion as Alleluia was
    7. People are forgetting Alleliua is a very, very good horse who ran 2nd to us in 3 Gr races recently and ran very good races on each occasion.
    8. In summary, I dont understand what Bart was expected to do. Had he gone and put pressure on from the 1600m, then we as owners would have been disappointed and I dare say those tactics IMO would have then been circumstances for him to be charged under the rule that he has in fact been charged.

Hope that explains a few things.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Excellent thanks Harvey
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    As the managing owner of Bling It On, I feel the need to respond so that everyone knows where we stand.

1. I have never met nor spoken to Bart Cockburn in my life so have no reason to defend him.
    3. We were very disappointed that BIO was beaten, but had no issue with the drive.
    4. It was a 2 horse race. Alleluia was driven to beat BIO. Had Bart gone to sit outside Alleluia at an earlier stage, Grant would have just turned the heat on earlier as there was no danger of being swamped by another runner getting a good trip.
    5. Personally, I would have actually preferred Bart sat in behind Alleluia until the top of the straight and then use BIO's extreme speed to get over the top of Alleluia.
    6. if we had drawn 1, I would expect BIO would have been driven in the exact same fashion as Alleluia was
    7. People are forgetting Alleliua is a very, very good horse who ran 2nd to us in 3 Gr races recently and ran very good races on each occasion.
    8. In summary, I dont understand what Bart was expected to do. Had he gone and put pressure on from the 1600m, then we as owners would have been disappointed and I dare say those tactics IMO would have then been circumstances for him to be charged under the rule that he has in fact been charged.

I agree with you Harvey especially point 5.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    They probably double his 8 weeks if he waited that long!!

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I don't think Harvey has to justify anything in regard to BIO's or Bartons drive...it was a two horse race. One has to win. The wrong one won. That's racing. Dixon simply out drove Cockburn. Grant has a bloody sight more experience in the game that Barton has. Credit where credit is due. I hate the slow sectional rule...to win a race and cop a fine is just pitiful and makes the sport a laughing stock.

Lucky enough to watch Bling It On just beat Alleluia and Yaya's at ground level in a very exciting Gold Coast Derby at AP 12/7/14...three very good three year olds running 1.56.2, I don't think the cloud placed over them by the stewards since then is justified...in saying that, the full stewards report is still not posted on HRA website yet.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post

Maybe the stewards needed to hear pt 3 as they think you expected the lead according to their report
    8 wks WOW You would think they had found some questionable betting! Just being over officious
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Gotta feel for poor Bart, He's been copping it left, right and centre since his drive on Avonnova, IMHO the penalty is far to harsh.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black

Lightbulb 1

It's an amazing response all things being considered as to how Bart got 8 weeks. The Dixon horse is a seriously good horse and I actually thought Grant should have shown more initiative at the previous run and he may have possibly won that as well. The stewards default was that Bling It On was unbeatable, it wasn't and in the same situation most drivers be they armchair or real would have adopted similar tactics. Truly a poor understanding of the circumstances which doesn't endear confidence.

+ Reply to Thread