Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ABC Qld Heat Stewards Penalties

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hi Jack . Bling It On sat outside Ya Ya's Hot Spot and couldn't run past him . He was beaten . No one knows what would have happened but the slow sectional rule was there to protect him from having to do anything . To answer your question , I would have been happy for him to sit there knowing he's been vulnerable in the death before . He may have been driving to instruction . Harvey might clear that up for us .
    My only reply can be this, bling it on wins Qld derby over 2,680 rating 157.2 beating alleluia by 9.5meters and ya ya's hot spot by 13meters. Sits back early then charges to the lead at wins under double wraps. Yet you think siting up over 2,138 in a 2 horse race going 2.5. 7 is an acceptable drive thats warrants no questions to be asked of a ill judge at best terrible drive that also warrents no suspension. You and me are on different planets

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    My only reply can be this, bling it on wins Qld derby over 2,680 rating 157.2 beating alleluia by 9.5meters and ya ya's hot spot by 13meters. Sits back early then charges to the lead at wins under double wraps. Yet you think siting up over 2,138 in a 2 horse race going 2.5. 7 is an acceptable drive thats warrants no questions to be asked of a ill judge at best terrible drive that also warrents no suspension. You and me are on different planets
    That's fine . but outside Ya Yah's can't win . Only the future will tell us whether it was a silly drive or not . This is what forums are all about .I'm going to have a dollar each way on Alleluia in the final . Good luck to everyone in it . They're not the only 2 .

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    That's fine . but outside Ya Yah's can't win . Only the future will tell us whether it was a silly drive or not . This is what forums are all about .I'm going to have a dollar each way on Alleluia in the final . Good luck to everyone in it . They're not the only 2 .
    Don't back down Trish, u r 100% on the ball! Jack, do your form! Bling is a champion 3yo in his own right but the fact is, he is extremely vulnerable when not in front (which is why $6 Dixons horse last night was a steal). Go back thru his form and u will be lucky to find more than 2 victories in decent class where he has won from behind. That said, he still has the right to the mantle of best 3yo in the land and congrats to him.
    If what was posted earlier is true and Cockburn got 8 weeks then we should all be eating our hats. There's nothing whatsoever he could have done that would have changed the outcome of that race. Fine Dixon for loitering and move on!

Where the bloody hell are we at when in the space of 3 days we have a driver in Melb given 4 weeks for trying to unhinge the favs chances to his own good by going 'too quick' and a driver in Bris sitting behind (where he was drawn to be mind you) a driver going 'too slow' getting 8 weeks?? Anyone for a lottery ticket??

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Don't back down Trish, u r 100% on the ball! Jack, do your form! Bling is a champion 3yo in his own right but the fact is, he is extremely vulnerable when not in front (which is why $6 Dixons horse last night was a steal). Go back thru his form and u will be lucky to find more than 2 victories in decent class where he has won from behind. That said, he still has the right to the mantle of best 3yo in the land and congrats to him.
    If what was posted earlier is true and Cockburn got 8 weeks then we should all be eating our hats. There's nothing whatsoever he could have done that would have changed the outcome of that race. Fine Dixon for loitering and move on!

Where the bloody hell are we at when in the space of 3 days we have a driver in Melb given 4 weeks for trying to unhinge the favs chances to his own good by going 'too quick' and a driver in Bris sitting behind (where he was drawn to be mind you) a driver going 'too slow' getting 8 weeks?? Anyone for a lottery ticket??
    how about go a sit outside the other horse and run the first half in 2-3 then run home as quick as you can, its call a race for a reason, Not an 800meter barrier trail.Their always something a driver can do to change a result, its called taking a chance, not just sitting their like its trackwork.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    It's ok to knock a drive, but you see drives where all a driver has to do is qualify for a final and stewards do nothing (not saying that happened here, just saying it happens). We don't know what the driving instructions were. If he pulls out and sits outside the leader and still gets beat the driver still gets bagged for their drive. If you run along and win great drive, if it doesn't come off not so good.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Lightbulb abc

Always difficult to predict a two horse match race especially with two very good horses. The sectionals were a disgrace, but you drive your horse to win. Bling it on was travelling comfortably behind Alleluia and obviously Cockburn thought he could outsprint him even though they ran home in 54:8. On the replay it looks as though Bling It On was a little disappointing but as I said match races are unpredictable and as for the stewards applying a go slow penalty - not in a two horse race. I've got a bigger contention with the miserable stake money, in WA we have bigger stake money for races run at Kellerberrin some 204 kilometres from Perth. Four and a half thousand dollars for an Australasian Breeders Crown is an absolute disgrace. The Queensland winter carnival must have emptied the coffers.

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    I guess thats the difference between driving in a race and thinking you can drive in a race because you watch them a lot,they really dont have much of an idea

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    how about go a sit outside the other horse and run the first half in 2-3 then run home as quick as you can, its call a race for a reason, Not an 800meter barrier trail.Their always something a driver can do to change a result, its called taking a chance, not just sitting their like its trackwork.
    We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree Jack. Bling is a high speed (very high speed) horse and whilst I won't go as far to say that he isn't tough, he is without doubt less formidable outside the leader. He had been beaten a total of 8 starts before the other night, all of which were when he raced away from the pegs (his only 2 unplaced efforts have come when death-seating).....he is 19 for 19 on the pegs (18 leading + the APG when he sat behind the stablemate). So with that, I thought he was less than a 50-50 chance the other night if Dixon decided to keep the front and subsequently I was totally knocked for six when I read that his driver had been rubbed out for 8 weeks.
    Cheers

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree Jack. Bling is a high speed (very high speed) horse and whilst I won't go as far to say that he isn't tough, he is without doubt less formidable outside the leader. He had been beaten a total of 8 starts before the other night, all of which were when he raced away from the pegs (his only 2 unplaced efforts have come when death-seating).....he is 19 for 19 on the pegs (18 leading + the APG when he sat behind the stablemate). So with that, I thought he was less than a 50-50 chance the other night if Dixon decided to keep the front and subsequently I was totally knocked for six when I read that his driver had been rubbed out for 8 weeks.
    Cheers
    I agree with some of your points because stats don't lie. The only point I was trying to make is it was a 2 horse race, their wasn't other 8-9 behind him to run over the top of him so the worst he could do was second. So why not make a race of it, given with recent racing surely his pretty fit why not have a go and see what happens.
    I might be wrong but given he ran second he now has to go around in a repechage. Good debate though

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    https://twitter.com/AdamTABSports/st...86130165964800

Just found Harvey's answer.
    I agree 100% with him.
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread