+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ABC Series Runners Analysis

Junior Member Yearling Zanzi_Bromac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Devereux
    Horses
    Time Capsule, Kimmywho
    Does anyone know what the story is with Messini?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...lassic-contest
    Heading: Zac Butcher and Luke McCarthy brilliant
    I can't really see what was brilliant about Zac's drive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...lassic-contest
    Heading: Zac Butcher and Luke McCarthy brilliant
    I can't really see what was brilliant about Zac's drive
    Perhaps not brilliant Kev but it was damn good IMO. After the one was crossed (the consensus was he would lead & not hand up to the fav) Zac didn't give Hurst (who appeared to not have a plan B) a chance to think and was straight on the scene to take the front. A typical 'semi final' drive thereafter......he saw Luke in plenty of time, made the correct choice in staying out of a battle, took the sit, and the horse did the rest.
    On the final, I'm amazed Bling has gone up so short with all the bookies.......see him as a 7/2 chance myself.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    No didn't know that. Just looked. Stewards report up already.

Howling wind blowing in their faces down back all day. 'Slow' times from 800-400m all day and quick ones up the home straight. His race had 2-C1's 3-C2's and a C3 in it. They were always going to be in front of him from where he drew.

What it says is what I saw. The 2 good ones were up the front. The 3 wide horse wasn't making ground. They were running coming off the back. Leader had broken the field up. Had he gone 4 wide (at least) he loses ground on leader around the bend. As said, I thought it was quick thinking going back to the inside of the horses out wide. Saved ground and got a clearer run through the field.

And like he said the horse is best saved up for a late sprint and that's exactly what he did. Don't reckon seen one go quicker up the home straight as he did yesterday. He was humming.

Pachacuti is no slouch. Does he win if he comes out 4 wide into the wind? Don't know. Don't think so. Reckon he gave him best chance of winning doing what he did though.
    I finally watched the replay Paul and it was amazing to watch how fast Chilli's legs were going in the straight.
    One gutsy drive to go to the inside down the back - he had to be a little worried he would get held up forever. Held up for a bit but had petrol in the tank that he might not have had if he had braved the conditions you described down the back.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Perhaps not brilliant Kev but it was damn good IMO. After the one was crossed (the consensus was he would lead & not hand up to the fav) Zac didn't give Hurst (who appeared to not have a plan B) a chance to think and was straight on the scene to take the front. A typical 'semi final' drive thereafter......he saw Luke in plenty of time, made the correct choice in staying out of a battle, took the sit, and the horse did the rest.
    On the final, I'm amazed Bling has gone up so short with all the bookies.......see him as a 7/2 chance myself.
    Brent, agreed. Nathan Hurst was a deer in the headlights. The lead was his if he wanted it but he was out of his depth. Zac Butcher's drive was inept, can't agree with there. If Luke doesn't let him out, he deserved 8 weeks.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Re- Zac letting Luke go- Qualifying was the name of the game Bob.
    Last edited by brent_L; 08-19-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Qualifying was the name of the game Bob.
    You stirring me up Brent ? ... red rag to a bull : )

They get away with it in NZ ... it should never be tolerated here by our Stewards.

It would of been interesting if Luke didn't let him out. They would had to of given 8 weeks minimum.

Junior Member Weanling Lenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Martin Riseley
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzi_Bromac View Post
    Does anyone know what the story is with Messini?
    Messini had a foot apsis just really bad timing for all concerned!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post

They get away with it in NZ ... it should never be tolerated here by our Stewards.

It would of been interesting if Luke didn't let him out. They would had to of given 8 weeks minimum.
    No stirring mate, it's just what I've come to accept out of the majority of 'semi' contests......it's generally qualifying, not racing. I'd like to see a scenario where perhaps the top 3 qualify followed by the remaining fastest or something along those lines.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post

Bob, inept? You are entitled to your opinion but I think that is a ridiculous statement and Luke never let him out. Any winning drive is a good drive in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread