Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ted Demmler

Junior Member Weanling Ted Demmler will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Hi Ted. How weird, I was thinking a few days ago where you had gotten to and the good old days when your name used to be big in harness. Great to have you on here
    Hello and Thankyou..

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demmler View Post
    A bit of History as to where I am at the moment......
    After the near fatal accident at Warragul back on the 18th November 2005, I have not been able to return to the job I loved most in the world.I have brain damage,I broke my neck and ribs and various other bones.I spent months and months in and out of Hospitals and Rehab.My biggest problem now is the depression caused by the brain injury and the fact that I have a pacemaker after I nearly died from my heart stopping for 30 seconds then starting up again so that set me back a lot.
    My days are spent watching my son Craig driving his horses and not much else.I have not been able to get back to anywhere near what I use to be.Cannot do anything really.
    But I am luckier than most.I can walk and talk so that's a plus...My only real interest in Harness racing is our horse Charlie Machsheen who is having a long spell here at home.Hopefully he will make a comeback before the end of this year.
    Hi Ted,
    If I got another horse I would want to be able to spell him at home.
    A broodmare or two would be nice.
    It has got to be good to have a horse in your life
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Hi teddy big fan so im glad its you. I read the book you wrote on training and driving and thought it was great, a real insight into your methods. I was wondering you thoughts on racing 2 yearolds, as I think it does more harm than good and stops a lot of horses racing on at 5 and 6 plus. If you look at most horses on the grand circuit they didnt have alot of starts at 2 or their weren't in group races.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ted, in the Odds and Ends thread on the Australian board someone mentioned seeing your colours on the old TV show The Sullivans but they were not sure if you were on the show too.
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-07-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Hi Ted,
    If I got another horse I would want to be able to spell him at home.
    A broodmare or two would be nice.
    It has got to be good to have a horse in your life
    Hello kevin,Yes Charlie Machsheen has been such a great surprise for us.Our first successful horse breeding him ourselves with the Lochheads in New Zealand.
    Craig will be taking him on Sunday to train so hopefully he can get a few wins out of him...If not that's OK he is done such a great job for us and brought us many happy times.
    Ted

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Ted, in the Odds and Ends thread on the Australian board someone mentioned seeing your colours on the old TV show The Sullivans but they were not sure if you were on the show too.
    Yes my younger sister is married to the producer Alan Hardy.So they taped at the stables using Ronny Hall, Me and Karen Dunsford and the rest of my staff as the drivers...It was a lot of fun.

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Hi teddy big fan so im glad its you. I read the book you wrote on training and driving and thought it was great, a real insight into your methods. I was wondering you thoughts on racing 2 yearolds, as I think it does more harm than good and stops a lot of horses racing on at 5 and 6 plus. If you look at most horses on the grand circuit they didnt have alot of starts at 2 or their weren't in group races.
    Hello Jack,
    Yes I like to look after my horses and not over race them as young ones so they can compete when they are older but these days there is so much money around for young horses that I feel you just have to put them into everything to get some decent money.Yes my book tells it exactly how it is from the start.We made it very simple and easy to follow...Glad you liked it.
    Ted.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Hello, Ted, great to see you on the forum and I am sure the members will enjoy you sharing your experiences and knowledge as I am sure your training and driving methods are still as relevant today as they ever were.

By the way I have nearly finished going through all those tapes!

I am sure everyone else would love to relive some of those great horses you won with in Melbourne, both your own and outside drives. I will have to share some of the footage on this forum.

Will catch up with you again soon

Kyle Galley

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Hello Kyle, Good to hear from you....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi Ted.
    You may enjoy watching this but its not horse related. Everyone else may enjoy it too.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/61cY1IL...l=0&autoplay=1

+ Reply to Thread