Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ted Demmler

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL trish. There was one part where I did not know where to look
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Ted Demmler will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hi Ted.
    You may enjoy watching this but its not horse related. Everyone else may enjoy it too.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/61cY1IL...l=0&autoplay=1
    Absolutely fabulous...LOVED IT...Thankyou for sharing.......Ted

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Here is a video that a harness racing fan has put onto YouTube - Pure Steel winning a heat of the 1980 InterDominion Championship at Harold Park.

What great days these must have been in front of a huge crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7L...dZHNiPtm31BEWw

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Steelo was as tough as they come and I'm sure that Ted would agree.

Junior Member Foal smokey steel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kim Sweeney
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demmler View Post
    Yes my younger sister is married to the producer Alan Hardy.So they taped at the stables using Ronny Hall, Me and Karen Dunsford and the rest of my staff as the drivers...It was a lot of fun.

Hi Ted. I was a horse crazy teenager visiting Melbourne in my school holidays around that time. You very kindly allowed me to hang out at the stables and lend a hand with the horses where I could. I had a ball and I'm sure many people on this thread would love to have had that experience. I hope you continue to recover from your injuries. I remember that the horse they used for the Sullivan's shoots was Happy Chap because he was such a gentle fellow.

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Hello Richard,
    Steelo was the best...He would sit outside a horse and break its heart....

Real Name
    Ted Demmler
    Hello Kim,
    Thankyou for that info...good to remember....I'm glad you had a good time at the stables. We always enjoyed any people who wanted to come and help or just to have a look.
    regards
    Ted.......

Junior Member Weanling Jim will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    James Walsh
    Occupation
    Retired
    Hi Ted, Sincerest sympathy mate. I am long retired from sulky making and just joined here, and it is good to see some familiar names from back in the day. I had no idea your injuries were that serious. So sorry to hear they are :-( Actually I just posted a question elsewhere on this forum and you might be able to help. When did you first see a Brewer sulky on the track? You remember the type that was hugely popular at Harold Park and elsewhere in the 1950s and 60s? Vin Knight had an ultra-narrow version, as I recall, which he used on Popular Alm, among others. I know it was designed and built by Harold Brewer, who passed away in 1959 I think. They were a bloody good sulky in their day and were usualy fitted with Freebairn Singles (wood rim, 15g spokes, glued-on tyres), probably the most accident-prone but efficient sulky wheels ever.
    Last edited by Jim; 05-17-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Junior Member Foal Hot Rod will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Claridge

Wondering how Ted Demmler is ??

Just wondering how Ted Demmler is recuperating from that shocking injury at Warragul .. I fondly recall him driving a Champion little mare in the '70's at the showgrounds in Tarport Wyn.

Junior Member Foal Hot Rod will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Claridge
    Hope your health has improved , I don't get a lot of Vic racing news as I now reside in QLD but remember well you driving Tarport Wyn back in the '70's at the old Showgrounds track , she was a pretty handy little mare.

+ Reply to Thread