Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Concurrent OR Cumulative

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Concurrent OR Cumulative

Concurrent sentencing This is where separate sentences are handed down for each offence committed by an offender – but they are all served simultaneously or together (bulk-discount).
    Cumulative sentencing This is a price for every offence committed – no freebies)

Peoples thoughts??

IMO EVERY SINGLE POSITIVE SWAB SHOULD BE CUMULATIVELY
    Why should someone get 6 mths for 2,3,4,5 or 6 positive swabs, that stinks. We want to get rid of the blight on harness racing , not reward them.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    No discounts or Freebies is the only way this needs to be dealt with.

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    All i can say is, well said

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    No discounts or Freebies is the only way this needs to be dealt with.
    Hi Richard.
    Yes this is a thorn in my side, people cheating is a thorn in my side too, it bugs me that if they get a positive they get discounts, for Gods sake they are being dishonest.
    Do the governing authorities think discounts is the way to go, from the people I talk to, its not . I will email Reid Sanders & see what his reply is. As you said something needs to be done. NSW have had that many positive swabs its turning more people away than the authorities realize. I'm 100% sure of that.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    The way of the world these days Trish...court reports are full of repeat offenders serving concurrent sentences. An easy way out perhaps.

Why these offences should be concurrent just makes no sense. Was (is)? there a fear of a successful appeal that stops the regulators from taking the appropriate hard line against this type of offence?

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    The way of the world these days Trish...court reports are full of repeat offenders serving concurrent sentences. An easy way out perhaps.

Why these offences should be concurrent just makes no sense. Was (is)? there a fear of a successful appeal that stops the regulators from taking the appropriate hard line against this type of offence?

I don't think that's the reason. I really think that there worried about loosing any participants even the cheats!

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Trish,
    Until HRNSW or any other controlling body get the judicial system (aka Police prosecutors) to take these fraud charges seriously then some people will always take the punt that the worst they get is a disqualification. BIG DEAL. If they were charged, as they can be, then it just might make a big difference how they thought about what is nothing less than outright cheating and fraud.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree with no discounts.
    If they appeal and prove that it was a 'somewha't innocent mistake (new food supplement or whatever) then maybe a slight reduction on appeal but if I am caught speeding 3 times in one day I am pretty sure I am not going to get any discount no matter what
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    I agree Lee but who's going to do it?
    With the recent scandals in harness racing who the hell really knows what's going on.
    We need someone with authority to get on here & explain the reasoning behind the decisions we are debating.
    We are the grass roots of this game & we deserve an answer before we walk away.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I agree Lee but who's going to do it?
    With the recent scandals in harness racing who the hell really knows what's going on.
    We need someone with authority to get on here & explain the reasoning behind the decisions we are debating.
    We are the grass roots of this game & we deserve an answer before we walk away.
    Exactly right Trish, It would be great to see all of the states get together and set penalties across the board, For EG:If you are caught with a high TCo2 you get X penalty, If you are caught with a horse that has a high Cobalt reading, You get X penalty and so forth, Just get your bloody heads together and come under the HRA banner and deal with the unscrupulous people in a well documented manner and this would also sort the appeal process out.

+ Reply to Thread