Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get off the Grasso Alfio

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Get off the Grasso Alfio

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...d-by-RAD-board

You have to feel sorry for Alfio - the race was the 'Fishers Supermarket Pace' and he was just trying to please the sponsor by buying one of the products that the supermarket makes a killing on

ps Seriously check out the price difference between Vicks and no name sometime!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Old habits die hard

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Under the rules on this forum should have been given 2 years or maybe even life

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    Under the rules on this forum should have been given 2 years or maybe even life
    The reason they take it serious is because in the past some sick people use to cattle pod their horses and put vics in their nose, so when they did it at the races the horse knew what was coming. Not something to joke about.

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Hey jack we put on there nose to clear ther air waves ,shock horror ,but jack remember the glass is always half empty

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    Hey jack we put on there nose to clear ther air waves ,shock horror ,but jack remember the glass is always half empty
    well its the reason the stewards take it seriously if you dont like it too bad
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 08-13-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    The reason they take it serious is because in the past some sick people use to cattle pod their horses and put vics in their nose, so when they did it at the races the horse knew what was coming. Not something to joke about.
    Thanks for the info Jack - very disturbing.
    I wonder why you would add - Not something to joke about. You may not have meant it to read the way it sounds to me but you of course realize many of us did not know of such a barbaric practice. Thankfully, having told us - why does your first sentence need the second sentence?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    And it burns the lining of the lungs. Very cruel.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    geez wonder how I'd go?

I have OFTEN used a liberal smear of Vicks around the ring-a-ding-ding of horses that were inclined to wind suck, the idea being when they start sucking wind the Vicks stings a bit, causing them to quickly stop sucking wind!!!

Is it cruel?? I don't think so or I wouldn't do it! has it saved a couple of horses racing careers, most definitley!

Gotta agree with Toni but, I wouldn't be putting it near their lungs when they are about to go under extreme exertion, try it on yourself sometime, I bet you wouldn't like it much.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    I used to use it before footy shove it up the nose real lung opener , but we used to put a little on horses noses before loading on the float before going to races , around 4-5 hours before race to open lungs up a bit , a real old fashioned thing the old timers used to do

+ Reply to Thread