Thread: Caribbean Blaster

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About

Kevin, all good and great to read other people's views and thoughts on a stack of issues within our sport we all love. So fully appreciate most of the topics the forum gets out and about on. I know I am going to come across as one biass owner. But Team Gath has keep me in the sport with a heap of great memories over many - many years. The way Kate has just continued to develop is a testament to her attitude to life in general and I get a little bit defensive when I hear someone knock her. But all good and looking forward to reading other topics - issues you come out with.

What I would like to get is your views / thoughts, along with others from this forum, on how we can attract larger Breeding numbers to "The Blaster" for next year. Anything positive would be appreciated. The session just gone he covered 110 mares and achieved just over 80 percent 42 day positives.So a great result I thought 1st year but the big test is to improve on this result.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    1 idea I have - if the mare has a good record ( sub 1:58 or won 50,000 or produced a foal that has) offer a 2nd service for another mare to the owner at a discounted rate 40-50% off

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nalder View Post
    Kevin, all good and great to read other people's views and thoughts on a stack of issues within our sport we all love. So fully appreciate most of the topics the forum gets out and about on. I know I am going to come across as one biass owner. But Team Gath has keep me in the sport with a heap of great memories over many - many years. The way Kate has just continued to develop is a testament to her attitude to life in general and I get a little bit defensive when I hear someone knock her. But all good and looking forward to reading other topics - issues you come out with.

What I would like to get is your views / thoughts, along with others from this forum, on how we can attract larger Breeding numbers to "The Blaster" for next year. Anything positive would be appreciated. The session just gone he covered 110 mares and achieved just over 80 percent 42 day positives.So a great result I thought 1st year but the big test is to improve on this result.

Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    David, keep thinking of what would or could work on increasing numbers to the Blaster. This point is noted and will be discussed & placed into the mix when we sit down to organise our attack for the coming session.
    Thanks again,

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Rob, in all honesty, I doubt I have seen a stallion better promoted in recent times than CB. I doubt there is any more you could do to increase numbers without the support of HRNSW. With the current flood of money departing our shores to overseas owned stallions, leased in Australia, possibly an "Australian Owned" sires bonus or something to stem the flow of our money overseas would be worthwhile investigating. As studs refuse to enforce a Stallion limit we need to think outside the box a little.

Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses

Thumbs up

Grant, I appreciate you comment on how we managed "The Blaster" but we need to keep thinking and undertaking ways to further enhance our industry with home grown Quality Stallions, just as the Gallops have been able to achieve. This in my firm opinion, will give breeders the chance to breed in a far more affordable way. We all know his old man is looking more and more likely going to stand for around the $19,000 next session. So we need to try and attract Breeders looking for a Bettor's at a massive saving on dollars. The Board and management of HRNSW has done some great things over the past 5 or 6 years in trying to minimise the drop off in foal numbers. We just need to look at NZ & HRV to see what has happened with breeding numbers from there jurisdiction.In Aussie with the session just gone we are looking at numbers under the 4,000 mark. Never in recorded history have we been this low. With NSW being the least affected State only highlights NSW direction taken by our governing body. Let's keep thinking and working on ways to address and turn around the recent trends on numbers in foal - breeding today. As such I welcome anything positive that can see us breeding more of what we all love so much, the foal - horse!
    Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread