Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Caribbean Blaster

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    How is cb over priced? I would say its a reasonable price. Their are any number of unproven sires that come out here for usa and stand for $4000 plus their first season here. Why are they any better? o because their from usa. Compare him to 2 other bettors Delight first season sire Highview Tommy$3300(massively over priced imo)
    and Betterthancheddar ridiculors price of $4,950 and I'd say its a more than fair fee for a horse that raced here and is proven to our race conditions

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV- To put some perspective on your assertion that $2,750 is too high a debut fee for an unproven sire, how about going through the current AUS 2yo, 3yo and Aged sires lists...noting the debut fees of each? They were virtually all unproven sires prior to becoming available here. It will be an interesting exercise/reality check.
    As for marketing...I'm yet to see anything relating to CB that isn't right on the mark. I was at the Melbourne APG the day Rob/Andy/Alan chanced their arm and purchased him for 70k I think it was. He had sireline, he had depth of family and believe it or not he was purchased with the intention of a stud career should he prove to be a good enough. They said exactly that at the time. He was a lovely yearling colt and grew into a terrific type. As a racehorse he had great gait, speed, toughness and attitude...everything you'd look for in a potential sire. He has raced and beaten the best of his era here, taking a fast mark under AUS conditions and earning over $1mil in the process...no mean feat in this part of the world.
    The single best thing that could happen for the Australian Standardbred Breeding Industry is for it to take a leaf out of our TB cousins play book by way of changing the focus/mindset and breeding and then breeding to our own home grown locally performed colts. Christian Cullen, Courage Under Fire etc got it done and both made their debut at considerably more than $2,750. As I said Dan, reality check.
    Jamie, you are entitled to your opinion about what a fair service fee is, as is anyone else. ultimately the market will make the decision for the horse's connections, MY personal opinion is the service fee for a beautiful horse like CB is a little high until he gets some runs on the board, which he most likely will, however, as he is unproven then you are asking the market to have a bit of a punt. If you are having a punt you like to get some odds in your favour would you not?

I think it's a bit rich comparing CB to Christian Cullen! CC was the most outstanding individual in a generation.
    To a lesser degree comparing CB to Courage Under Fire is also a bit like comparing apples to mandarins, one an outstanding individual who was very good on the ractrack with a pedigree to match( CB) and the other a brilliant, almost unbeatable 3YO, small horse that really didn't quite deliver what his early terms promised.

So Jamie, that is my reality check, you are entitled to yours, as usual I would say that doesn't necessarily make you right, as I stated earlier, the market will tell them if the fee is right/light or heavy, all we are doing is offering opinions, which as I like, to say "opinions are like butts, everyone has one, some just stink more than others!"

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    ENDED

That's not a bad result. Not everyone would have know about this being on ebay.

Caribbean Blaster Service
    Member id harnessracingnsw | Feedback Score Of 10 | 100.0%

AU $1,925.00
    15 bids
    Pickup only

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    As you say Trish,

not everyone would have been onto that, however those that were looking in that direction would have been more likely than others to be aware and make their bid.

The next indicator will be the number of mares he gets and that, I think, will be a better measure of where his fee should be. If he gets 100 mares he is lightly priced , if he gets 25/30 then he may be over priced? not sure of those figures/assumptions as I'm not educated/enlightened/experienced...just kicking ideas around.

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Neither am I Dan but I agree with your assumption. Spot on.
    As I said before I like him & hope he does well.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...bar-s-generous-

maybe the market is talking already, either way a great incentive if you wanted to breed to blaster.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About
    For everyone that showed interest in the Blaster together with all the Breeders that supported him in his 1st year at Stud we are extremely grateful. To both Alabar and the Team at Yirribee thanks big time as without your help we could not have achieved our goal of covering in excess of 100 mares in this his first year. This milestone was achieved just prior to Christmas. To HRNSW and the Board, your continued support of the Breeding Industry I also wish to acknowledge as everything undertaken over the past few years has been of great support to all Breeders.

Now we can only wait and hope that "The Blaster" passes on to his offspring all his mannerisms and quality.

All of us that have been close to "The Blaster" fully appreciate what he has given us by racing and competing over the past 3 - 4 years, he only has to take the next step to deliver back to the Industry what he has given us.

Thanks again to everyone that has afforded him this opportunity.

Rob Nalder

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Good Numbers Rob, Congrats!!

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About
    Richard,

Thanks, I followed just about all the talk and feedback generated from this link. As you know only too well getting to 1st base is all about getting the numbers that will give " The Blaster" his chance in the Stallion ranks. With this book we can only now wait and see if he can carry on in the same vain as his old man. Hopefully he can achieve in his second year similar or better numbers to go with his 1st crop. Everything points to him being as great in the barn as he was on the track.

If he can deliver with quality foals / race horses down the track we can then start to turn the table around and do what our cousins / gallops have been able to do in breeding to there own home grown Stallions. This would have tremendous ramifications that should only increase foal numbers at affordable costs.

Once again if he can deliver ( The Blaster) a great deal of appreciation / acknowledgement needs to go out to the Board of HRNSW for trying several different options / incentives over the past few years in trying to help Breeders in getting greater numbers of foals on the ground.

We are looking forward to the future with positive vibes.

Thanks again to you and everyone that offered opinions and support over the past six months.

Rob Nalder

+ Reply to Thread