Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dan Mielicki

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    It has a lot to do with the trailblazers, the pioneers of the art form.... The days when callers weren't allowed on track and had to call from trees, backs of trucks.... Flats that were located 100's of metres from the track..... Their style, it's ingrained....

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Jack, you are a tough marker. I expect you to start a thread every other week when Dan's calling is his usual A grade!

Fred, great acknowledgement of a peer! But let me give you a wrap.... I love watching Menangle or Penrith when you are calling. You are truly an excellent caller yourself! (this is a little self-indulgent but I will never forget you calling Gamechanger's win in the 2yo APG heats when he broke the Australian record at the time "5 lengths Aimfire, 5 lengths Snap To It, 5 lengths to Equity Kicker" - I also love it when a horse gives them the slip on the turn a you slip in a "oh he said ta-ta on....." Brilliant stuff Fred!)
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-18-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Remember the race Mitch... Cheers mate, appreciate the kind words.... At the end of the day we do our best and peoples opinions are so subjective.... If you were Victorian it was Bert Bryant, Bill Collins or John Russell, some preferred Joe Brown... Here in Sydney Ken Howard was king, then along came John Tapp, Ian Craig and Des Hoysted.... Yet some preferred he accuracy of Geoff Mahoney.... It all gets down to people's preference. Let's all agree we have the best of all codes

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/04/20...racing-caller/
    I'll agree with this bloke and give the nod to Greg Miles
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    In defense of Dan Mielicki, what looked a good card on paper didn't eventuate on race night. It was a dud last year too. It should be all Melton.

Richard Bell in WA is by far the best trotting racecaller. He does have the advantage of calling the most competitive and exciting racing but you can tell he does his homework.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    In defense of Dan Mielicki, what looked a good card on paper didn't eventuate on race night. It was a dud last year too. It should be all Melton.

Richard Bell in WA is by far the best trotting racecaller. He does have the advantage of calling the most competitive and exciting racing but you can tell he does his homework.

Bob,
    I think you may have been plying your trade elsewhere when this bloke was calling in NSW, and he is now doing a fantastic job on the South Island NZ,, Mark MacNamarra, I have been around for a long time and heard some great callers and all that....and I am definitley not knocking great callers like Fred and others mentioned on here, but gee I reckon Mark just about stands in a class of his own, do yourself a favour, listen to some of his calls with your eyes closed and then watch the race with them open... Mark gets my vote in a field of champions, ANZAC callers leave the rest of the world for dead!

Cheers,
    Dan

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bob,
    I think you may have been plying your trade elsewhere when this bloke was calling in NSW, and he is now doing a fantastic job on the South Island NZ,, Mark MacNamarra, I have been around for a long time and heard some great callers and all that....and I am definitley not knocking great callers like Fred and others mentioned on here, but gee I reckon Mark just about stands in a class of his own, do yourself a favour, listen to some of his calls with your eyes closed and then watch the race with them open... Mark gets my vote in a field of champions, ANZAC callers leave the rest of the world for dead!

Cheers,
    Dan
    Trots and TB's Dan, Very very good and the NZ'ers love him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    As far as harness racing is concerned both Dan Mielicki and Fred Hastings are outstanding......couldn't separate them, Richard Bell also a very good caller but has been making a few mistakes in the past weeks, minor but noticeable. For mine the best at the moment is Chris Barsby didn't like his race call style at first, but I think he has really improved and his calls of the Queensland Winter Carnival were brilliant particularly The Blacks a Fake.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 08-19-2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: changed wording

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bob,

Cheers,
    Dan
    You are not getting him back. He is the best here in Nz by a country mile and the best caller in my time in the game in Nz. Hugely admired here in Nz

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    You are not getting him back. He is the best here in Nz by a country mile and the best caller in my time in the game in Nz. Hugely admired here in Nz
    He is most definitely a very talented racecaller Viv, hope you are wrong and we get him back one day!!

On a more serious note, I hope Mark does whatever pleases Mark and his family, he certainly deserves that much!

Cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread