Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Lite Fines

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon

Sick of Lite Fines

Gavin Lang, driver of Blitzthemcalder pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 168(1) for improper driving, the particulars being that whilst completing the preliminary, Mr Lang removed his left foot from the sulky footrest and placed it in the vicinity of the horse’s near hind leg and made contact on two occasions. Mr Lang was fined $250. In assessing penalty Stewards considered Mr Lang’s guilty plea, forthright evidence and the circumstances of this matter.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Educate me folks - why would he do it?
    Light fine would no doubt be due to it being while completing the preliminary
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I need educating as well please. I'm intrigued.

Junior Member Foal Novo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Keith Jones
    "Hocking" refers to making contact with the horses hocks or rear leg/feet with your boot to get the most out of them/rev them up etc. and is illegal,

doing it in the prelim, maybe as he came into the straight and 'clicked' him up to give the signal so the horse remembers for when he does it in the race ??

As far as doing this with a trotter it beats me as you would think they would be inclined to gallop??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quoting Keith: As far as doing this with a trotter it beats me as you would think they would be inclined to gallop??

That was what really had me wondering too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Gav has a long history of doing it. Particularly in big races. Personally I dont see the big deal in it. Its not as if hes whipping them to death. But. Rules are rules.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Can be used to remind the horse of a non race day workout so absolutely no place for it whatsoever.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    The main reason he would have been doing it in the prelim is to firer the horse up and get him on the bit in the hope he would leave the gate quicker. The reason drivers do it during a race is like a scare tactie, try and get them some where their not use to in the hope it will give them a fright and they will find something. Gavin and others have been doing it for years. Which is why I said sick of lite fines.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ray, you and Jack know some horror stories. I always think of Gav as a horse-lover not an abuser (not saying that you are saying otherwise)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What is really weird is that you have quoted me and yet my post has an 'o' in horse-lover and yet the quote does not
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread